Fresh Seafood & Fish Category Specialist
Fresh Seafood & Fish Category Specialist
Location - London
Salary - Competitive + bonus
Do you consider yourself a Fresh Seafood and Fish Specialist – boasting considerable industry experience and deep, comprehensive product knowledge?
Do you have extensive prior experience of successful sales within the food industry, with a proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a business?
Our client purveys and distributes the highest quality fresh and frozen fine food products from around the world, to many of the finest restaurants, hotels and retailers in the UK.
In order to support their continued impressive growth they have a new requirement for a Seafood Category Specialist to join their team working from their offices in London.
As the Seafood Category Specialist, you will be responsible for the full Seafood offer, from building relationships with suppliers, to overall management of the category within the high-end customer base. Reporting to the Head of Account Management, you will be the ‘knowledge base’ for the category, providing training and sales support for the team, as well as demonstrating your excellent skills in bespoke courses and events.
This role will encompass many aspects so it requires someone with a range of skills from sales to training, but most importantly a passion for high quality seafood and fish.
- Building and executing a strong commercial plan for a brand-new department, ensuring long term growth and success.
- Responsible for driving penetration and growth of the seafood category
- Provide product expertise and sales support for Account Management team
- Develop and present selling training materials - taking responsibility for team knowledge throughout the category
- Working closely with the Purchasing Department to establish relationships with suppliers, provide forecasts, negotiate prices and monitor stock levels
- Building supplier relationships, including new product development, ordering, price negotiations and forecasting
- Assist the New Business Development team in opening accounts with high potential, helping provide new customers with a high level of expertise
- Refine product offering with high quality suppliers, demonstrating a clear strategy for the category
- Conducting product demonstrations, company events, customer pitches and training seminars
- Monthly Sales Reporting
- Drive KPI’s across the category including sales growth, category penetration, organisation and sales support
- Developing opportunities with existing groups according to the sales strategy set by the Head of Account Management
- Achieving targeted sales growth of an existing portfolio of high-end clients; including restaurants, hotels, contract caterers and food processors
- Working closely with the Quality Department to ensure that all quality standards are upheld for fresh seafood products
What we are looking for:
- Fresh seafood and fish specialist with deep, comprehensive product knowledge and considerable experience within the seafood industry
- Extensive prior experience of successful sales within the food industry - with a proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a business
- Strong commercial acumen with strengths in reporting, numeracy and forecasting
- Creative initiative with a strength in problem solving
- Organised with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills, particularly developed pitching and negotiation skills
- Able to build strong relationships, both externally and internally
- Demonstrates perseverance and resilience in the pursuit of goals
- Passion for high quality seafood and cooking
ElevateRTC are a specialist food industry recruiter. This vacancy is just one of a number of positions that we currently have available in this sector. To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. ElevateRTC are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Keywords: Seafood, Fish, Sales Manager
This role may be suitable for you if you have a background as any of the following: Seafood Commercial Manager, Seafood Sales Manager, Seafood Specialist, Seafood Category Specialist, Seafood Trader, Seafood Manager, Seafood Trainer
Commutable from: Watford, Borehamwood, Harrow, Wembley, London, Richmond, Twickenham, Kingston upon Thames, Egham, Hayes, Slough, Windsor, Uxbridge, Bromley, Croydon