Merchandising Manager – Grocery Retail
c £45k + Car + Benefits
Part of a £multi-million international food group our client are recognized as one of the market leaders in the manufacture and supply of high quality chilled and frozen food products to the UK's major grocery retailers. They pride themselves on their innovation, quality and added value which have continued to drive excellent customer relationships delivering year on year growth. Due to this level of innovation and continued focus increase customer support we are now seeking to recruit an exceptional Merchandising Manager to work with all the major grocery retail accounts.
You will take responsibility for supporting all the Major Grocery Retailers, from presenting ideas, to the development of effective Merchandising initiatives, through to the implementation of agreed activity. You will work closely with the Category and National accounts team translating insight into Merchandising plans that can be implemented effectively in store.
- You will be the Merchandising expert and you help the retailers to fully understand how the category plans delivered from the Customer Marketing and NPD teams will actually be presented in store.
- You will interface with marketing data so an understanding of data streams including both internal & external market research information such as Kantar, IRI, and EPOS would be an advantage.
- You will be involved in category / range reviews, data assessments, and the communication of category insight.
- Responsible for building planograms from retailer source through to full space and range planning.
- You will have gained previous Merchandising / Insight Marketing or Buying experience within a retailer or FMCG consumer product environment.
- Experience of JDA Space Planning would be a distinct advantage as would experience of working and presenting to retail customers.
- You will have a track record of applying merchandising principles to in store implementation.
- An excellent relationship builder you will have a personable approach, be highly organised with a strong project management capability.
- Understanding of market and Shopper metrics would be of benefit.
- You will be able to show how your role has positively influenced business performance.
If you are seeking an opportunity to make an impact within this fast paced business environment and as an individual you thrive in a business that truly invests in their products and their people then in the first instance