Production Planner & Purchasing Manager - Foods
Production Planner & Purchasing Manager
The Position & Company -
This is a chance to join one of London's leading cultivators and leaders in food design and technology. As a vital part of the supply chain function you will help drive and deliver all materials required to reach set goals as well as working closely with the production team, forecasting and planning all future events.
- Produce an efficient 2-3 week rolling plan maintaining adequate stock levels to customers in line with agreed rules of engagement.
- Maintain correct stock profile to achieve target customer service level of 99.0%.
- Liaise with production shift managers daily ensuring most efficient running orders, minimising down times, CIPs, fat flushes and line changes.
- Liaise with Procurement Planner/Scheduler to ensure 100% availability of raw materials and packaging to meet the production plan.
- Attend and contribute to any planning related meetings including suspended stock, new launches and demand meetings as requested.
- Production of weekly planning KPI's and Reports - feed into weekly S&OP / Business Planning meeting.
- Work with the team to provide consistent forms of reporting over all functions within the department.
- Liaise with Warehouse QA regarding short shelf life and slow-moving stock to minimise any potential write offs and customer shortages due to short shelf life product.
- Produce a daily shortage report and communicate to all relevant departments.
- Highlight any significant changes in demand/forecast to the Planning Manager.
Key Skills & Attributes
- Production Planning / Scheduling experience; or other relevant supply chain experience
- Highly numerate
- Systems literate - Microsoft: Excel; Word; PowerPoint; Sage
- Excellent communicator - verbal and written
- Attention to detail
- Food industry experience - ideal, but not essential
What's on offer?
A permanent salary up to £35000 along with a catalogue of benefits.
ARE YOU THE ONE WE ARE LOOKING FOR? COULD THIS BE THE NEXT STEP IN YOUR CAREER? IF SO PLEASE GET IN TOUCH - OR SIMPLY CLICK THE LINK TO APPLY