Account Manager - Pricing
Account Manager - Pricing
Get On Board
Edge by Ascential (formerly Brand View) is busy disrupting the world of price, promotions, eCommerce, nutrition and market research. This is just the start – we’ve always got new projects on the go that need smart, creative minds to spark them into life.
Our award-winning, much-acclaimed office might look like a playground, complete with DJ booth, pool table, Xbox and beer tap, but it’s designed to be a fun, inspiring and dynamic
place to work. Best of all, it’s brimming with brilliant people.
Our goals have always been the same: Have fun, do exceptional work, build the best product in the business, experiment, pay attention to the details, treat people right, tell the truth, have a positive impact on the world around us, give back, and keep learning.
We’re always on the lookout for ambitious and creative people to join our team. But isn’t everyone? Potential Edge employees need something extra. A quirky edge, a positive attitude and a driving passion to bring something unique to our party. It’s hard to define but you’ll know if you’ve got it – and so will we.
Think you can measure up? Let’s talk!
Is this you?
We are looking for a brilliant Account Manager who has the ability to work in an advisory capacity with the ability to sufficiently understand clients in-store and on-line strategies and how Edge/Brand View can support these. A strong knowledge and appreciation of the pricing and promotional sector is required with the ability to understand new market sectors. You will have experience of international level of Account handling and will be responsible for clients who are interested in all of our services. You will be working with some of our largest FMCG and GM regional and global clients, educating and helping them understand how best to use our services and supporting them through training, best practice advice and enabling them to measure and drive their retail strategy through Edge/Brand View’s analytics. You must have a passion for our brand and want to join a fast growing team who love what they do.
The day job
This role reports to the Client Services Director working in a team of seven. You will develop a deep understanding of your client’s trading challenges and aspirations and gain their trust through your technical knowledge of Edge. You will seek and capture opportunities by creating and maintaining key client relationships so that Brand View remains an indispensable service with a high return on our client investment . You will have a portfolio of 20 to 30 high value and strategic accounts and conduct regular service reviews as well as weekly contact onsite and from our office on all matters relating to maintaining the highest level of service. Your success will be measured through client usage, renewal rate, spotting new opportunities with your clients and overall client satisfaction. You will work closely with other departments at Edge to maintain the highest standards for our clients.
We want, at a minimum
- Understanding and appreciation of pricing and category management
- Experience of the FMCG and General Merchandise Markets
- Ability to manage large and strategically important account
- Ability to manage and build collaborative client relationships by being influential, engaging, and driven
- Engagement and training skills to be able to present Edge products and services
- Ability to network around businesses and land new services, identifying cross-selling and upselling opportunities both in-store and on-online
- Experience of having delivered an extremely high level of client satisfaction consistently within large global clients
- Skillfully seizing all commercial opportunities to increase business
- Demonstration of resilience and strong time management in a fast paced industry
- Commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Ability to simplify complexity
- Analytical and numerical with a high level of competency in English, Maths and Excel
Even better if…
- You have a similar agency background in continuous market research
- You have 3+ years’ experience in a Account Manager role
- You are tech savvy and keep up on all the latest trends
- Excellent salary of £40,000k dependent on levels of experience
- An exciting and brand new enhanced benefits package will be rolled out in January 2019
- 26 days annual holiday rising incrementally after 3 years service
(to a maximum of 30 days)
- Contributory pension scheme
- A distinct lack of red tape
- Exposure to some of the largest FMCG and General Merchandise companies
in the world
- A fun, lively office with regular social activities throughout the year
- Fresh fruit, full Nespresso coffee suite, soft drinks, sweet station, and, of course, beer tap
- Secure cycle store and shower facilities
- Award-winning office with amazing views across Reading, fully equipped with kitchen/breakfast bar, pool table, table tennis, DJ booth and gaming station
- Access to Perkbox, giving you a huge range of discounts on goods and services;
from dining out and shopping to child care support
- Make your mark! Real opportunity to help shape the future direction of this
truly dynamic organisation
Join a fun, global team of top engineers, awesome commercial folk, meticulous data analysts and seasoned entrepreneurs for the adventure of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Oh, and just a little bit weird. We’re passionate about our work, but also about a whole lot more than that. We’re parents, siblings, jokers, movie buffs, nerds, fashionistas, marathoners, and couch potatoes. We can’t wait to meet you, so what are you waiting for?