Key Account Manager
Working for instantly recognisable product with a well established business within their market. This role enables you to manage a number of key accounts nationwide worth approx. £8m. An exciting time to join the business ,this role is hands on and perfect for those with a strong interest in cycling.
Bromptons mission is to transform the way people live in cities. The Brompton Bicycle was conceived in 1975 as a product that increases people's independence and freedom and this is still at the heart of everything they do. Brompton build products that are genuinely useful wherever and whenever they are needed. Still made in London today, with 312 employees and with presence in 45 countries, Brompton manufacture over 45,000 bikes per year and is the UK's largest bike manufacturer.
Employed by Brompton Bicycle Limited, this is a Key Account Manager role in our largest market - the UK and Ireland; where to date, Brompton has achieved great success; yet the potential for growth is still substantial. This is a critical, exciting and varied commercial role, developing and selling to our top tier accounts, where you will proactively ensure successful rollout and sales results of Brompton Electric, and further existing pipeline innovation.
The Key Account Manager role is a vital addition to the Brompton UK Sales team, reporting directly to the UK Sales Manager. The role carries a high degree of autonomy, focusing on delivering significant growth for Brompton's key accounts, including national chain stores and the Independent Bicycle Dealer (IBD) retail network (trading with some of these for over 20 years). Your principal remit will be to grow bike and P&A sales across your network including NPI, planning how to deliver against targets and ensuring KPIs are met (currently delivering circa £8m revenue).
You will enjoy travelling, with up to 60% of your time being spent out on the road, developing and supporting your customers, and the remaining time in our West London office. You will take full responsibility for Brompton key accounts and work in a small energetic team with direct internal sales support to achieve your personal and team ambition.
This is a role for someone who is looking to progress their sales career; a role they are already sure-footed in, and who is excited by the potential of a long-term commitment to this fast-growing British success story.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering on budgeted sales targets for all Brompton products across your retail network
- Build relationships with key senior contacts and customers, to gain clear understanding of their businesses, requirements and objectives, to ensure sales metrics are met, expectations exceeded and opportunities exploited
- Introduce new product lines, inclusive of Brompton Electric
- Identifying and developing new routes to market including Click & Collect, and B2C
- Creating suitable strategies for dealing with obstacles, customer objections and competitor situations
- To deliver a programme of product sales training and support
- To co-ordinate, deliver and monitor the Brompton Dealer Accreditation programme
- To identify opportunities that require additional support and resource
- To represent the company at trade exhibitions, events, demonstrations and seminars
- Set up and organise events with retailers & businesses
- Increase sales and profits for all Brompton products sold
- To build annual business plans for each key accounts, reviewing monthly and reporting to Brompton Senior Heads
- Forecasting, planning and delivering on sales targets
- Develop a 12 month rolling sales forecast/pipeline plan for your retail customers in accordance with sales objectives
- Monitoring and reporting your performance through monthly KPIs against budget and annual business/ marketing plan
- Performing statistical analysis and assess actuals vs forecasting
- Raising risks and opportunities with your account base and developing related solutions
- Supporting the Marketing department, helping shape and execute marketing strategy, activities and priorities
- Management of day-to-day sales
- Gathering market, competitor and customer data whilst executing product and marketing strategy
The successful candidate will
- Be ambitious and results focused
- Possess strong sales, commercial, and customer service skills
- Have a proven track record in comparable Sales/Key Account Management role
- Be commercially focused
- Have strong numeracy skills
- Be highly organised
- Be flexible with the role will requiring significant travel, a valid driving licence is essential
- Be a natural communicator with the ability to persuade and influence others
- Have strong market knowledge, with the ability to adapt to rapidly changing consumer behaviour
The role offers a salary between 35k-40k plus additional benefits