Head of Operations & Supply Chain
This fun, rapidly growing food start up based in Oxfordshire are looking for a superstar to own their supply chain. The nature of the business means the successful individual will have a lot of opportunity to grow with the company, expand their role and develop their responsibilities quickly.
The successful individual will provide the strategic direction and development for the function, to support the ambitious growth plans for the business. They will also have responsibility for the day to day leadership of all manufacturing operations, continuous improvement plans and facility management, as well as supply chain activities of the business such as inbound material management and customer delivery performance.
As you can imagine, in a role this broad no 2 days are the same, but some typical responsibilities:
- responsible for all manufacturing and operational matters including production planning
- ensuring that all activities are performed to agreed targets.
- ensure that all inbound materials are secured at the most favourable price and delivered to agreed costs, quality standards and service levels
- responsible for all inbound, storage and outbound material management including trading partnerships with any third-party providers.
- ensure that an appropriate Key Performance Indicator suite is implemented
- be the main contact for all customer facing supply chain matters
- ensuring that all customer requirements from a supply chain and operational aspect are captured, communicated and delivered
- direct management of 2 reports
- responsible for team development and creating a culture of continuous improvement
- take responsibility for the outsourcing of any and all co-packing arrangements ensuring that all such activity maintains defined margin labels and drives subsequent improvement.
- recommend, and subsequently deliver, an agreed functional supply chain strategy
- be actively involved in the development of the subsequent 3-year plan, in order to help deliver the required growth and profit targets for the business
Example target measures:
- Customer delivery - On time in full
- Labour and line efficiency
- Maximisation and maintenance of product and delivery quality standards throughout
- Reduction in waste
- Manufacturing cost
- Supply chain including material price variance
- Stock levels versus budget
- Third party providers versus budget
- Delivery of projects on time and to budget
The ideal candidate will have:
- Food/drink industry experience, preferably chilled
- Excellent data analysis and strong Excel skills
- Negotiation and project management experience
- Team leadership experience
- The ability to both drive and adapt to change quickly
- Excellent understanding & knowledge level of NPD
- Understanding of what “best practice” operational and supply chain management looks like and how to get there
- Experience working in a highly entrepreneurial environment, for example: rapid growth, new product manufacturing process design, creating things from scratch
- Experience of working with retailers