Senior Innovation Manager
Job Title: Senior Innovation Manager
Salary: £Highly Competitive
Location: South Midlands
Sector / Industry: FMCG/ Food/ Bakery/ Savoury
Job Reference: RMSIM0111
Are you an accomplished innovator when it comes to launching multiple NPD projects in to the market?
Are you looking to work for a very successful, expanding FMCG market leader?
Are you an expert in NPD project manager?
Our client is a leading name in bakery and savoury supplies. The company have gone from strength to strength since their inception they now boast significant celebrity partnerships as well as extensive listings with all of the TOP 4. This is a company where you opinion and ideas matter. It is a flat, linear structure where you will have full creative freedom over your desk. The company need an accomplished individual who likes to crack on and get stuff done! You will be handsomely rewarded for doing so – with plentiful internal opportunities in the imminent growth of the company. You will also adopt a place within the company’s senior leadership team and guide a small agile team.
- £Market competitive
- 37.5 Hour Week – 0830-1700 with some flexibility required
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Medicash Cashback Scheme
- Death in Service x 2 Salary
- Childcare Vouchers
- Identify strong consumer insights and subsequently develop compelling product concepts with support from your Marketing colleagues.
- Lead, manage and inspire your cross functional project teams and external partners to deliver successful NPD on time and to budget through the Stage & Gate process.
- Use appropriate research to test and benchmark products throughout the development process.
- Develop suitable packaging solutions for launch in conjunction with the NPD Buyer/Procurement team to ensure products meet consumer and shopper expectations.
- Develop sound retailer sell in proposals in conjunction with Sales and Marketing; presenting innovation opportunities to all key retail customers.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships internally and externally with our licensed partners and suppliers.
- Support the Marketing team in developing a strong launch plan.
- Champion product launches internally
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record in the world of FMCG with the ability to demonstrate examples of successfully bringing new products and brand extensions to market through end to end delivery.
- A strong team player who gets their energy from excelling in project management coupled with creativity, unafraid to get their hands dirty.
- Resilience together with emotional intelligence to build, develop and maintain collaborative and powerful cross functional relationships internally and with licensors/suppliers to deliver high profile, profitable innovation.
- A strategic, creative mind-set determined to find ever better ways of bringing new products to market
- Insatiable curiosity for understanding consumers and shoppers and the world they exist in, with evidence in applying this to drive brand and business growth.
- Confidence in challenging existing thinking and beliefs about innovation, consumers, shoppers and brands
- Line Management experience is essential
- 6+ years FMCG experience
- Passionate about food
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Robert Moore email@example.com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
Apply for Senior Innovation Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly