Job title: Operations Manager
Location: Ticehurst, East Sussex
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Sector: Consumer Goods
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: NH/21062
- Lead an operations and warehouse team to deliver high levels of efficiency and customer service.
- Work with far-east suppliers and UK & US customers in a challenging and varied role.
- A growing business that will offer opportunities for progression.
A small, innovative consumer goods manufacturer that supplies quality retailers in the UK and many export markets. Their passion for customer service is apparent in every stage of the customer experience and this new appointment has been created to drive operational efficiency and quality as the company works through an exciting growth plan.
The Operations Manager will take a hands-on approach to leading the Operations Team including the Warehouse and Customer Services Departments, providing excellent process and people management along with continuous process improvement. Specifically, this will include:
- Leading positive change across all functions: stock control, warehouse organisation, quality control, goods in-out, packaging, transport, order processing, procurement of components and stock, ‘special orders’.
- Working with the sales team, assist in the ordering from China for both UK and US operations with a view to improving turnaround times.
- Provide leadership and inspiration to other members of the Operations Team, striving for operational efficiency but focusing on the overall Customer Experience.
- Forge relationships with new and existing suppliers to negotiate best price and improved performance against quality, lead times, delivery agreements etc.
- Implementing the ELAS Health & Safety standards for the Warehouse environment.
- Management of legislative requirements e.g. LOLER, Waste Transfer Notes etc.
The candidate for the Operations Manager role:
The right candidate will have a strong emphasis on team leadership and be expected to lead the company in improving the efficiency of their processes bringing best practice knowledge to areas such as stock control and dispatch. We are looking for a candidate with:
- Minimum two years previous experience working in an Operations Manager or Warehouse Manager role.
- Experience in devising and implementation of new systems.
- A talent for team leadership, with excellent interpersonal skills to encourage and motivate staff.
- An understanding of Sage 50 accounting, or a similar buying and stock control system.
- To take ownership of actions, seeing them through to completion.
- IT skills, ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Sage accounts package.
- Counterbalance Forklift Truck License and knowledge of first aid advantageous but not essential.
- Full driving licence.
This is an important appointment within an ambitious business and the job holder can be assured of future reward in line with their contribution.
For more information and to apply please contact:
Name: Nick Hester
Telephone: 01275 813030
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Apply for Operations Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly