Job title: Sales Manager
Location: Gloucestershire / Worcestershire / West Midlands
Salary: to £40k + sales bonus, quality car, pension & healthcare
Sector: Garden / DIY
Job type: Permanent
- Lead a small UK sales team for this global manufacturer
- A specialist business with a strong trade brand
- An opportunity to make significant impact in existing and new channels
A US based manufacturing and marketing business that reaches 110 countries. They have a clear vision to be the supplier of choice in their category and all products, promotions and customer services have this aim in mind. An internal promotion has created this opportunity for an experienced Sales Manager to inherit and lead a well-established UK sales team. The UK subsidiary, based in Tewkesbury, is profitable, successful and stable yet ambitious with specific short-term business goals.
The role of the Sales Manager
You will inherit a field sales team (of 4) and retain personal sales responsibility for key customers. In additional this role has strategic and commercial responsibility around new business acquisitions, promotions, pricing, target setting forecasting and sales incentives.
A key objective is the improvement of in-store merchandising and the new Sales Manager will use their previous experience to drive improvements in this area.
You will report to the UK Managing Director and be office or field based as the role requires. The UK office is in Tewkesbury.
The person for this Sales Manager’s role:
We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager who will excel in this environment. The right profile will be:
- Ideally based in Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire or West Midlands,
- At least 3 years of experience as a Sales Manager
- Experience dealing with independent retailers, garden centres, hardware stores or merchants.
- Solid experience of in-store merchandising and able to drive positive change in this area
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic
- Numerate and IT literate
This role offers a negotiable basic salary and a performance-based bonus plus quality car and generous pension and healthcare schemes. You would be joining an exciting, diverse and profitable business that has a track record of stability and loyalty among its team.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Sales Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly