UK Distribution Key Account Manager
7 days left
- Contract Type
Key Account Manager - Home Based - Electronic Manufacturing up to £55k
Your new company
My client are a global manufacturer with more than 130 years of experience. They count some of world's most important companies as their customers. The range of applications they serve covers a broad spectrum of expertise in the electrical manufacturing industry.
Your new role
An excellent opportunity for a UK Distribution and Key Account Manager to join the UK organisation. The purpose of this role is to develop partnerships within key accounts in a way that drives sustainable sales and profit growth for both organisations. These key accounts include both direct OEM's and electronic distribution companies.
Roles and responsibilities
The role is responsible for developing and cultivating relationships and requirements across customers in the UK. It is responsible for the delivery of sales plans to achieve revenue goals supporting the delivery of yoy growth and generating new business opportunities.
The position must coordinate closely within the team to ensure alignment and effective customer engagement. The primary focus is direct face-to-face engagement with customers, developing the market and drive new opportunities.
Specific tasks to be undertaken:-
* Understand the key accounts strategic plans and operating initiatives
* Develop and maintain a network of distributors
* Work with different functions (eg Marketing, Engineering, Commercial etc), to develop, maintain and implement an account plan including initiatives which support both the key account and the plans to enhance the relationship.
* Develop and maintain a marketing plan and calendar for the distribution partners, leveraging customer marketing activities where possible to drive promotion in the most cost-effective way.
* Develop and maintain a customer contacts plan across all levels within Key Account, with particular focus on building strategic partnerships with key decision makers. Ensure that contact interactions happen to plan, outcomes are communicated back through the organisation and appropriate actions are taken.
* Identify, generate and maximise sales opportunities and sales revenue for the business unit.
* Review and present proposals (product selection, design solutions and project objectives) to customers.
* Assist in the design-in and development cycle of new products and manage the seamless and speedy execution of sales and engineering projects.
* Identify and quantify New Business Opportunities (NBO's), manage the sales pipeline to ensure a flow of future opportunities, and ensure CRM system is updated and maintained.
* Assist in developing short, medium and long term sales plans.
* Provide timely inputs for budgeting and forecasting for the region.
* Take ownership of the project development from initial meeting to overseas production migration.
* Travel to customers both direct and in-direct, including joint visits with distribution partners.
* Where the Key Account has international operations, work with sales managers internationally to leverage strengths and knowledge in individual markets to drive growth.
* Work with Legal and the key account to ensure appropriate contracts and other commercial agreements are in place.
* Participating and presenting at technical seminars/exhibitions across UK and potentially Europe.
* Ensure that business commitments are delivered to the key account on time and to expectation so that we maintain a reputation as a preferred supplier.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate should possess:
* Understanding of electronics distribution companies in UK/Europe
* Proven track record of achieving sales targets
* Working in sales/technical sales environment
* Understanding of electronic industries across UK/Europe
* Engineering background (preferred)
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
* Excellent management of time and priorities
* Excellent presentation skills
* Full driving license as travel will be required
* Ability to work on own initiative
What you'll get in return
Excellent salary + bonus + laptop + car allowance + pension + health care
Home based in UK with travel throughout UK and Europe
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for UK Distribution Key Account Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly