UK Sales Director: Karmel Foods
Job Title: UK Sales Director: Karmel Foods
Salary: £65,000 – £70,000 per annum depending on experience
The Advocate Group have partnered with Annabel Karmel in their search for a UK Sales Director. Annabel Karmel is a leading food and lifestyle brand synonymous with mums and parents all over the world. Founded by the UK’s No.1 Children's Cookery Author, trusted food expert, and entrepreneur Annabel Karmel MBE, this inspiring and much-loved brand spans food, books, apps, entertainment and a fast-expanding online community.
The Annabel Karmel food retail business is fast expanding, with ranges in Chilled food, Frozen Food and snacks. Our major markets are the UK, Australia, Europe and the Middle East.
With rapid growth of the UK business we are now seeking an experienced UK Sales Director who has worked within the food FMCG sector to join our team and to be based at our offices in London, W9.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a flexible, down to earth, highly experienced individual to contribute to a busy, fast-paced growing business. The role will involve working closely with Annabel and her small dynamic team to be the driving force behind the Company’s short, medium and long-term strategic development in the UK.
You will be responsible for ensuring the commercial success of the business through profitable growth of sales and margin.
Key accountabilities include:
- Account management of our current product portfolio with existing customers.
- Agree Joint business plans with major customers
- Attend Customer and manufacturer meetings
- Identify new customer opportunities via gap analysis.
- Gather market and customer information to identify NPD that fits with the company strategy
- Oversee fulfilment and delivery of orders to ensure industry leading customer service.
- Set, agree and manage a twelve-month sales and expenditure budget.
- Manage forecasting and stock levels of finished product sourced from multiple manufacturers.
- Be a proactive member of the team, sharing best practice.
This is a hands-on role having daily contact with our manufacturers and customers. We are looking for someone living in or near London
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Strong academic background
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of literacy and numeracy
- Good analytical skills, able to demonstrate a balanced well-reasoned approach to problem solving
- Able to work independently and part of a team
- Strong hands on track record of working with UK major multiples.
- Proven results in a challenging environment
- Experience in dealing with suppliers and well as customers
- Experience in analysing and interpreting market data e.g. Nielsen IRI
Reporting Line: The candidate will report directly to CEO, Annabel Karmel
This is not a typical UK sales director role. As this is a small team you will be the sole member of the UK sales team responsible all aspects of developing the UK trade. Export sales is covered by a different role.
Apply for UK Sales Director: Karmel Foods
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly