Key Account Manager – Apparel and Sportswear
Job Title: Key Account Manager – Apparel and Sportswear
Salary: Up to £46,000 plus excellent benefits
Location: UK wide
Sector / Industry: Fashion – Apparel and Sportswear
Job Reference: NP2637
Would you like to work for an exciting and dynamic clothing company who have a strong heritage? This international company are leaders in their category of functional outdoor garments. This brilliant apparel organisation was formed over a hundred years ago as a family run business creating clothing for the whole family that keeps you dry regardless of the weather. The clothing has a timeless classic design with innovation at the heart of what they do. They work to reduce environmental impact and do not use toxic substances and are mindful throughout their production to use little energy, water and transport to minimize their global footprint.
As a Key Account Manager you will be part of a team of x5 representing the UK presence reporting to the UK & Ireland Sales Manager. You will demonstrate a clear understanding of product performance and financial opportunity for growth for the brand across online and retail. Within the role you will have responsibility for a specific territory and National Accounts across the UK covering London, Midlands and the North West. You will build key relationships with Buyers and Key decision makers within the Fashion and Sportswear industry to drive business through account management and new business development.
This opportunity offers great career development, autonomy within the role and a supportive environment. Your focus will be to deliver the premium line of the brand and drive the business through account management and new business development. For this role attitude and passion is everything, if you have a proven track record of delivering success within apparel or sportswear and you have a winning attitude please get in contact.
* Up to £46,000 basic salary plus pension, healthcare and benefits
* Maximise the sales, distribution and profitability of the company’s brands within a portfolio of online and retail accounts.
* Drive the brands presence through effective accounts management and new business development.
* Account Management up to 60% & new business development up to 40%
* Cover a national territory to drive business within the apparel and sportswear industry.
* You will manage and develop national and independent accounts.
* As the Key Account Manager you will be part of a team of 5 to drive the UK presence of the brand. You will attend weekly sales meetings.
* You will work closely with the marketing team to influence our consumer in the most effective way.
* Identify the most effective route to market for each brand.
* Personally negotiate terms and agreements to maximise profitability and brand exposure.
* Attending trade shows and sale meetings in UK and Europe.
* Being a brand ambassador for the Originals collection.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Ambitious and professional Account Manager within Fashion or Sportswear.
* Market knowledge of branded Fashion, Apparel, Sportswear industry.
* Established relationships with key contacts, buyers and influencers within the Apparel and Sportswear industry.
* Experience of managing online accounts such as ASOS, Very, Selfridges and department stores such as Debenhams, House of Fraser, John Lewis. Experience of working with Sportswear companies such as JD group, Cotswolds and Go outdoors.
* Good project and time management skills, able to prioritise effectively.
* Experience in P&L brand management.
* Build strong customer relationships and deliver customer centric solutions.
* Resilient, able to deal with challenges/ objections confidently and influential.
* Strong leadership and team working skills, able to work collaboratively in a small team.
* Strategic thinker with strong analytical and commercial skills.
* Creative thinker and strategic planner.
* Driven, resilient and show courage within your decisions.
* Quick learner, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Nikita Pottinger or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.