Merchandiser - Hertford, £35,000 - £40,000, Childrenswear/Menswear
Our client, a fast-paced, international, high growth company, has an excellent opportunity for a merchandiser to join their expanding team.
Our client is looking for a strong, determined and experienced merchandiser, with strong analytical and communication skills, to work within their modern and dynamic office. The company specialises in childrenswear and menswear apparel, gift and accessories for some of the biggest premium fashion brands. They have an excellent international reputation, along with ambitious plans for the future.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Key driver for increasing sales for customers
- Presenting data to a crowd and leading meetings
- Identify risks and opportunities for key customers and build range selections with sales team prior to sell in
- Attend pre-launch and sales meetings to present analysis to external buyers and merchandisers, to support the sell in of new season product and increase sales
- Review weekly sales reports for retailers and work with sales support service and sales team to propose repeat buys and maximise sales
- Review and action replenishment needs for key customers
- Use retail sales data to review past season performance in order to propose future range selections
- Reviewing competitor's ranges and pricing to identify opportunities
- Setting quantities and maintaining a critical path to ensure deliveries are met
- Maintaining a Core WSSI to ensure Core lines are never out of stock
- Training and developing the sales support team on merchandising practices to increase repeat sales.
In order to be considered for this exciting position, it is essential that you have:
- Significant experience of working within merchandising, in a fast paced environment
- Highly analytical
- Outstanding commercial awareness
- A proactive approach to the role
- Well-developed commercial and business acumen
- Computer literate with excellent Excel skills
- The role requires a tenacious individual and team player
- Superb communication skills and confidence to present in meetings.
This organisation can offer huge potential for merchandisers looking for opportunities to progress their merchandising career. The client is offering a competitive salary of £35,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience, plus benefits including:
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Health cover
- Company social events
- Unrivalled training
- Charity volunteer days
- Never work on your birthday
- Discounts and vouchers