- Contract Type
Job title: Sales Representative
Location: Essex / Herts / London
Salary: £30000 - £32000 plus bonus, car and benefits
Sector: Building / landscaping products
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: NH/21011
- Long established business with stability, resources and a positive reputation
- This role is based at a new depot to support existing and win new customers
- On the road 4 days a week with one day in the Brentwood office
A family owned business that has been established for over 100 years. Today they operate in several markets. This role is focused on the supply of fencing / landscaping / building products to jobbing builders, builders’ merchants, utilities businesses and fencing contractors. Their Brentwood depot is the newest in their national network and serves customers within a 60 mile radius.
The Role of Sales Representative:
Working from home you will spend 4 days a week on the road and one in the Brentwood office.
You will cover a 60 mile radius of Brentwood, creating a journey plan that balances meetings with established customers and prospecting for new business.
Typical customers will include jobbing builders, builders’ merchants, utilities businesses and fencing contractors and your challenge is to:
- Build strong personal relationships with customers that create trust and ongoing opportunities
- Sell the products and services that your company can offer to become their first-choice supplier
- Provide high levels of customer service to ensure complete satisfaction
- Agree stretch targets with the Sales Manager and drive yourself to achieve them
- Demonstrate resilience in pursuing regional key accounts
- Work from the office one day a week to provide quotes, plan your diary, build internal relationships and review progress with the Sales Manager.
The person for this Sales Representative opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced Sales Representative who has worked for a building products supplier and sold to builders and builders’ merchants. Specific qualities will include:
- Proven experience of successfully selling to the building trade including builders’ merchants
- A track record that demonstrates success and stability
- High energy, positive and motivated approach to sales
- Able to be both a hunter and a farmer
- Highly personable, sociable and persuasive
- A successful candidate in this role will enjoy reviews, reward and progression.
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Hester at Cavendish Maine recruitment:
By responding to this advert, you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this, please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Apply for Sales Representative
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly