Field Sales Manager
Field Sales Manager
Salary band: £50k- £60k (Depending on experience)
Reporting to: National Sales Manager
Location: Field Based
Maverick Drinks is the leading distributor of craft spirits in the UK, representing a large number of exceptional craft and boutique spirits produced both in the UK, and abroad. Our mission is to drive change in the spirits industry by reducing our Partners (‘customers’) reliance on mainstream brands. We help our Partners (‘customers’) to deliver better experiences and higher margins by giving consumers access to a higher quality product.
We are growing hundreds of percent year-on-year, and that growth is still accelerating.
About the role
You will be responsible for driving the commercial agenda across the wholesale channel, whilst leading an awesome team of On-Trade Partner Managers, who work remotely across the UK, to deliver exceptional value for our business partners - you’ll know how to make our brands grow and stand out from the competition. Knowing what makes a sales team tick, you’ll be able to identify opportunities through strong analysis of trade and business performance and coach your team to deliver against those objectives.
Essentials of the job
- Implementing the sales strategy in line with the Maverick Drinks strategic objectives and developing effective ways to deliver the growth plan for the business, you will lead by example internally and externally.
- Reporting regularly on commercial performance, you will be ingrained in every aspect of the partners that your team manage, keeping one step ahead of risks and capitalising on every credible opportunity.
- You will take complete ownership for the delivery of the on-trade performance, ensuring that the National Sales Manager is aligned to key decisions that affect business direction.
- Utilising our new CRM system, you will champion it as an enabler for success, drawing value from it and driving efficiencies across the business.
- You will adopt the Maverick culture and champion the ethos throughout your team and with our partners.
- You will input into all aspects of customer marketing plan based on insights and trends you have established within your team.
- You will build effective trade relationships with key decision makers ensuring you successfully manage & develop our distribution, visibility and brand awareness in existing partners while continuing to focus on the expansion of new partners.
- You will responsible for driving the growth and development of our brand portfolio in the focussed geographical areas.
- Through effective integration with the Maverick Drinks Wholesaler Partner Managers you will support the development and growth of our route to market partners through brand building and sales driving initiatives.
- Past experience of managing, developing and motivating a sales team.
- You will be highly capable at managing the full commercial picture, with strong numeracy skills, you will have working knowledge of marketing investment effectiveness and the importance of return on investment; you will also have experience of coaching teams and individuals in these areas.
- Experience of working in a coaching or capability capacity is imperative to being successful in this role.
- Experience of developing and implementing business processes and sales strategy would be highly desirable
- You’ll have some experience of delivering exceptional NPD launches within the spirits category.
- You’ll be confident in talking about category, trends and brands; ideally you’ll have a strong working knowledge of the spirits category in the UK. You’ll also have a good understanding of customer marketing.
- You’ll have a passion for achievement; integrity and drive with a strong desire to make things happen.
- You will possess a strong sense of purpose alongside the ability to think outside the box and challenge the status quo within channel
- You’ll be presentable, articulate and polite, and you’ll have excellent attention to detail.
- You will have good IT competency, including Google Suite of apps along with ability to produce engaging presentations.
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Qualification - Higher Level - would be desirable.
- The role is field-based and will require nationwide travel, so you’ll need a full UK driving licence.
- Drive the right behaviours of your team to establish clear ownership for their KPI delivery, entrepreneurial thinking and account management; you will also keep the team agile in its practices
- You will have the experience and ability to develop, coach and mentor your team members to be the best they can be, building their confidence, guiding them in their learning and facilitating their career progression; implement capability accelerating initiatives to drive personal and business growth.
- Carry out the full performance review process with each team member, ensuring SMART objectives are set and regularly monitoring progress
Why work for us?
We want to make sure that you love working for us as much as we love having you be part of our team. Below are just some of the reasons why you should join us….
- workplace pension
- cycle2work scheme
- a relaxed working environment
- flexible working
- working with the most intuitive, fun, and hardworking people you'll ever likely to meet and speak to
Oh, and you get to buy booze at cost price. Just in case that makes a difference.
If you feel that you meet the criteria for the Partner Development Manager - On-Trade then please apply now!