International Technical Director
International Technical Director - 28707
'What makes it so great to work here? Firstly, It's the people. 1,300 of us from 44 different nationalities working across 11 offices in the UK and Ireland. It's also our clients. We get to work with the world's biggest and best brands. Most of all though, it's the culture. We want you to be you - and we want to help you excel and grow in your career with us.'
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 with long service
- The option to buy even more holiday!
- An opportunity to work with the UK's leading manufacturers
- A great contributory pension with a highly elite pension provider
- A choice of the most popular custom made company cars or car allowance
- Fantastic private healthcare package
- First class training support and development opportunities
- Gain Invaluable Nielsen experience on your CV
At Nielsen, your work makes a difference. In all of our positions, we use a comprehensive awareness of data, processes, tools and people to drive real outcomes with our clients. Our ability to constantly reimagine the total consumer is rooted in our unique team composition that is as culturally diverse as the clients and consumers we aim to serve. This is what makes Nielsen such a unique place to build your career and experience a memorable journey along the way. If you are interested in being at the forefront of trends for tomorrow's generation, leverage your distinct story and take advantage of the various paths you can travel to build your career at Nielsen. Join the Nielsen team where you can you can be yourself, make a difference and grow with us.
Aim of the position:
- Lead the Global Technical Team to support new wins, implementation, escalations and ongoing support for On-Premise and Cloud ASO solutions
- Supporting the commercial team to design, price, pitch and deliver our solutions
- Drive senior engagement with our largest retailer clients and deliver consulting on Nielsen Assortment & Space Optimization solutions
- Continuous review, improvement and standardise our way of working processes and solution designs in consulting and delivery to the customer
- Steering and development of the team to implement solutions in time, in budget and in quality to create and guarantee customer satisfaction
- Enhancing existing / new processes for new / changed solutions / products
- Advising our retail customers on the decision to use Nielsen software solutions and integration into existing system landscapes (ERP / BI)
- Professional consulting and support of existing and new customers regarding solutions, products and methods
- Lead a direct and non-direct global team to ensure we create consistent global ways of working and utilise the right skills against the right projects
- Coordination and planning of the team for new and existing projects
- Project monitoring, moderation and solution of ad hoc customer requirements or possible escalations
- Further development of the team members and the entire division in order to strengthen the relevance for our customers
- Further development of the solution approaches based on customer requirements with internal or external solution approaches
- Within the matrix organization: communication and influencing of various national and international stakeholders such as international product management or national management
- Monitoring and compliance with Nielsen internal processes
- Cost centre management
- Management and coordination of external service providers where needed
- IT background - experience in Database (SQL / Oracle) Software, Apps, Cloud and IT Administration
- Pre-sales skills - presentation and workshops at the customer in pre-sales phase
- SAP & Business Intelligence integration and even implementation experience
- Software implementation project management experiences - preferred with SAP interfacing
- Senior client engagement and stakeholder management skills
- Technical consulting background
- Technical proposal and technical pitch documentation skills
- People management / leadership in a matrix organisation
- Fluent in English
Nice to have
- Additional languages
- Experience within Space management or logistics/supply chain solutions
At Nielsen, diversity and inclusion are integral parts of the organization's DNA. By diversity, we mean far more than the diversity you can see; we value , diversity of thought, experiences, skills and backgrounds.
At Nielsen, we respect diversity and offer an inclusive work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to hiring and retaining a qualified and diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Nielsen is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please let us know.
Founded on the principles of integrity, honesty, fairness, respect and reliability, Nielsen is a place where you can be yourself, make a difference and grow.
This role is home based.
Primary Location: This role is home based
Travel: Yes, 25% of the Time