Job location: UK
Competitive salary and benefits package
Devro is a FTSE listed company and a global leader in the supply of collagen-based biomaterials, used in a wide variety of consumer products. We manufacture our products on four continents and sell them into over 100 countries through direct customer relationships as well as a network of distributors. We employ over 2,000 people worldwide whose skills and knowledge range from chemical and electrical engineering to food technology, manufacturing and everything in-between.
About our role:
We’re looking for an ambitious leader to help shape the future for the processed casing growth platform. We are working with collagen-based biomaterials used in a variety of processed sausage applications all over the world, where growth is coming from both mature and emerging markets. In this category manager position you will take a leading role in shaping the future of the growth platform.
We’re looking for someone with courage and leadership skills that can take full global ownership of ‘Processed’ category. In doing this you will work with internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement a strategy to increase category revenue and profit.
The role entails both managing the current business as well as shaping future innovation and growth, all in close interaction with both colleagues and customers.
Working in the business development area gives you an opportunity to shape the future of our business. In the role as category manager you will enable sustained profitable growth. You will be responsible for the industry strategy using the appropriate market insight as basis for informed decision making. You will be responsible for the innovation pipeline making sure that priority innovation projects fit the ongoing requirements from diverse markets worldwide. As such, you will have an active role in shaping the future of the category together with strategic- and key customers globally.
You are expected to be on top of profit pools within your growth platform and to execute on the largest and most profitable long term opportunities. To be successful you will engage closely with a team working with insights generation, other category managers, a global R&D team, regional marketing, sales and technical applications. You will report to the Group Business Development Director and will be part of the leadership team that sets the direction for long term commercial- and innovation activities globally.
- You need to be an independent and robust leader with significant international experience, effectively engaging with stakeholders, and coping well with ambiguity in a matrix environment
- Creativity to challenge status quo and drive an innovative working culture
- A positive, collaborative attitude, market-driven curiosity and -decision-making
- A strategic and ambitious mindset as well as the ability to inspire to maximize the impact of the category in the market
- Significant international business and strategic marketing experience in a B2B environment with a proven track record, preferably in food ingredients
- Experience in pricing & product management, innovation management and partnering
- Highly organised and structured, with good time management skills
- Numerical and analytical with the ability to turn data into clear and concise action plans.
- Demonstrated people management and leaderships skills
- You should be degree qualified in a relevant field, which would ideally be complimented by an MBA
- Willingness to travel (50-80 travel days per year depending on your location).
What our role offers you:
- Full ownership of the largest category in the industry
- The opportunity to influence at Executive level
- You will be able to see the tangible results from your hard work – impacting Group bottom line
- You will have an interesting, challenging and varied workload from day one in a highly global work environment
- The opportunity to work with an exciting product category and base material waiting to be further developed as part of the future of food ingredients
- The autonomy you need to deliver, with the right level of support to allow you to thrive
- To get the right person we can be flexible on location and would accept home working with a significant amount of travel being expected.
If this sounds like a role that you would be interested in, we would love to hear from you. Please e-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org) a copy of your CV, along with a cover letter explaining the four or five key things that you could bring to the role.