Our client is a leading food business with a vision to grow its core brands worldwide. The company’s success has been achieved through a commitment to developing their workforce and also the innovation of first to market products. They are now looking to invest further in their commercial team with the appointment of a additional Category Manager.
Covering the full branded portfolio of products this role offers full accountability for Category Development across a number of grocery multiple accounts. You will be responsible for range and distribution, promotions, pricing, availability and NPD. Working very closely with sales you will need to influence internally and externally. You will be responsible for short, medium and long term strategy.
You will be a proven category manager, having progressed through a category role in a branded FMCG environment. You will highly analytical, have great attention to detail, whilst being commercially astute. An ability to influence is paramount as you will be required to influence at all levels internally and externally. An enthusiastic and driven category manager is required to move into this role.
- Proven category management or customer marketing experience
- Ideally having progressed through a branded FMCG business
- Expert knowledge of grocery multiples or convenience sector with customer facing exposure
- Highly analytical with a knowledge of category insights and data manipulation
- Ideally have worked in a sales role in national accounts or within retail in the past
- Sound knowledge of the UK Retail market
- Demonstration of strong commercial awareness and judgment
- Strong personal influencer
- Proactive in style and naturally enthusiastic
This really is an exceptional opportunity to join a leading food business that will invest in your future, as long as you achieve outstanding results
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you do not hear back within 14 days unfortunately the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. For alternative opportunities please visit the workwithseven website