allplants is a VC-backed start-up on a mission to become Earth’s most forward-thinking food company. We believe food is the bridge between people and planet, so we put social impact first, while feeding the world health, happiness, and love through delicious, plant-based food. Since launching in Jan'17 we’ve bagged awards, serving >200,000s meals through our 5-star, online shop and subscription service.
Today we deliver delicious ready-to-eat meals to your door. They’re flash frozen, chef-prepared and totally plant-based - taking the compromise out of healthy convenience. From a creamy Cashew Mac to a rich and spicy Jerk Jackfruit, each dish we deliver is 100% cool for vegans and packed full of plant powered goodness . And that’s just the beginning.
In the next 12 months, our online offering will grow as we introduce new recipes, serving formats and eating occasions for our community of food, sustainability and wellness heroes. We aim to do for plant-powered food, what BrewDog have for craft beer: developing multi-channel expertise through owned and earned touch-points, while achieving what Red Bull have for niche sports within plant-based living: making it aspirational and celebrated through media, campaigns and events.
Our plans for 2018 and beyond are bold, delicious and daring - and our founders and investors are an experienced team of serially successful tech entrepreneurs, creative brand builders and flavourful food operators, all driven to truly transform food and have some fun while we’re at it.
Quality ingredients are at the heart of our operation, they delight our customers, team and chefs alike and securing them at the right price and time is absolutely critical. In this role you will -
- Own the purchasing of all food and packaging, using systems to manage stock, time orders seamlessly and plan ahead. You will need a data-driven approach to problem-solving and to thrive in excel / google sheets
- Build and maintain great relationships with suppliers through effective commercial management, whilst maintaining negotiating power to ensure standards are always met and achieve the best outcome for allplants
- Maintain allplants’ world-class standards of sustainability and ethics in all purchasing, working closely and with our sustainability lead to do so
- Closely track Key Performance Indicators such as quality, availability and price to remain critically aware of areas for improvement and unlock growth
- The opportunity has the potential to scale rapidly, taking on projects across procurement
Your skills and experience.
- Reliable, driven and a ‘hands-on’ self-starter
- Passionate about great food and consistently brilliant flavours
- Experience in fast-paced environments and an aptitude for calm, process-oriented responses in such situations
- Exceptional attention to detail, thorough and process-orientated
- Great communicator and natural negotiator with a keen eye for a good deal
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment and a can-do flexible attitude, with a sense of humour
- Resilient positivity, personal drive and resourcefulness are required, but what matters the most is that fire in your belly
- UK bank account, a NI number, proof of eligibility to work in the UK able to speak English fluently
- Do something that matters, that our world needs, and work with people excitedly dedicated on that same mission of a lifetime
- Career development plan & training at Europe’s fastest growing plant-powered food startup
- Free healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and team fun events
- You’ll be part of a business with purpose, using commercial growth to serve people & planet
- Join an energetic, passionate and supportive team, who care about every dish and each other
- Get in early at a VC-backed startup, while growing alongside an allstar team
- Competitive salary package including share options scheme and pension
- Regular social gatherings and an intimate, collaborative environment