National Account Manager - UK Grocery Superstar
We are looking for a National Account Manager who is ready to join a dynamic and fast paced sales team.
Piccolo has become the UKs fastest growing baby food company because we employ driven people who search for new opportunities and innovations. As an incredibly hardworking start-up we are hunting for someone that likes a challenge, that is looking to shake up convention and make a real impact in a rapidly expanding business.
More about the role
You will be in charge of building solid, long lasting relationships with buying teams and creating ambitious commercial plans. You will be a core part of the sales team, managing our portfolio of grocery accounts and working closely with the Head of Sales to deliver measurable results.
Your main responsibilities:
* Build strong and sustainable customer relationships with buyers and their surrounding team.
* Develop and deliver the customer strategic business plan including an aligned promo and activation plan, shopper marketing and investment plan.
* Manage the sell in process for NPD and the manage launching new lines into each retailer.
* Negotiate effectively to agree trade terms, trade funding, and other counterparts.
* S&OP Forecasting — provide clear up to date inputs into the weekly and monthly process.
You will have:
* 2-4 years account management level within FMCG responsible for at least one of the grocers.
* Prior commercial experience and exposure to P&L.
* Strong analytical ability, very comfortable with numbers and handling of data.
* Ability to use excel fluently, regular use of formulas etc.
* Negotiating skills.
* A “get-things-done” attitude and ability to work to deadlines.
* Entrepreneurial spirit and proactivity to seek new opportunities.
* Great multitasking and organisational ability.
You’ll be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline and have a demonstrable track record in FMCG sales working with UK retailers. Enthusiastic, pragmatic and resilient, you can demonstrate your agility to transition at pace, work to tight deadlines, communicate effectively and motivate team members around you to help support your objectives.
We are driven by a desire to push boundaries and create impact, always looking to the future. The Piccolo team is dynamic, passionate and diligent, and as such we need someone who can work independently, own their role and think creatively in support of the larger team. Individuality is valued and being able to have fun with the rest of the team during work and when socialising is a must.
We are a small and nimble challenger business that likes to maintain its family run atmosphere. With regular team lunches inspired by the Mediterranean, social outings and the chance to travel the country and get involved with our charitable arm, Piccolo’s offices in central London are an exciting and dynamic place to work. Piccolo is a value driven company: we believe strongly that every child should be given the most nutritious start in life, which we support with our range of healthy and delicious organic meals and snacks, and our commitment to giving back through donating 10% of profits to charity.
This is a permanent full-time role, with a competitive salary dependent on experience.
How to Apply
Send us a few paragraphs as to why this role is for you and a CV to email@example.com.
Launched in 2016, Piccolo is the UK’s fastest growing baby food company. We are passionate that children should enjoy the healthiest and most nutritious food from the very start of their weaning journey. Our range of 100% organic pouches are inspired by the Mediterranean approach to health and wellbeing, centred around fresh ingredients that have been lovingly prepared and shared with friends and family.
We have an unrivalled range of healthy and delicious Stage 1 and Stage 2 pouches, veg only and Pure fruit purees, and Stage 2 meals, as well as delicious teething snacks, all crammed full of a wide variety of fruit and veg, hints of herbs and spices and a dash of olive oil to help encourage baby’s taste buds to learn flavour from natural means and promote a lifetime of healthy eating.
We believe in giving back and keep sustainability and provenance at the heart of our sourcing decisions. Many of our 100% organic ingredients are planted and nurtured in independent family farms across the Mediterranean. Voted in the 30 most philanthropic businesses in the UK, we are committed to giving 10% of our profits to food education programmes, providing practical support around baby nutrition to parents.
You can find Piccolo in all major UK retailers and increasingly abroad.