National Account Manager
National Account Manager
Are you a successful National Account Manager looking for a new challenge? Do you have a strong relationship building skills? Do you want to be part of a growing, successful organisation?
CSG are currently partnered with a leading manufacturer and supplier of design and practical paper based products, selling into the hospitality groups (not retail) across the UK. The purpose of the National Account Manager is to maximise the of their top accounts whilst ensuring assigned customer needs and expectations are met by the company on an on-going basis. In addition, the role is responsible for identification and development of new business partnerships. The role will initially report into the Sales Director, however long-term will report into the National Account Controller when she is back from Maternity leave and will be office based in the south of the country.
- Focus on increasing profit margins.
- Responsibility for creating a monthly inter-departmental report on your customers' accounts and projects, to analyse current activities and shortfalls to ensure company goals and targets are met.
- Working with the rest of the 'foodservice division' to hit cross departmental targets and objectives.
- Manage budget effectively.
- Regularly meet with internal team to resolve or improve account supply chain issues.
- Proactively look to create win-win ways of improving efficiencies
- Build a broader range of relationships within customer accounts
- Penetrate outside of traditional buyer's relationship to explore opportunities
- Explore opportunities to extend the range and product mix
- Gain product feedback from customers to generate / influence future product direction / design
- Explore opportunities to fill product gaps working with the internal team to optimise product range
- Monitor and analyse weekly and monthly sales volumes, making recommendations for actions as appropriate
- Minimum of 2 years' experience of managing national accounts in a FMCG based product background.
- Experience of analysing trends and developing growth plans
- Ability to conduct negotiations with a variety of customer types effectively
- Strong team player, but can additionally work on his/her own initiative
- Results driven, balanced with good process and attention to detail
- Customer Focused - Desire and willingness to address the needs of internal and external customers. Providing rapid and effective responses & seeking continually to improve quality & standards of excellence.
- Results Orientated - Is driven to achieve tasks within timescales and to budget to help the organisation meet its overall objectives. Takes initiative and has a 'can do' attitude.
- Decision Making - Balances all available information to allow timely and informed decisions to be made. Respects the value of knowledge and information using a questioning nature to achieve goals.
- Strategic Awareness - Sees and adjusts accordingly to internal and external developments that may affect Company's strategic direction. Self Confidence - Relaxed and self-assured and able to readily express ideas and opinions in a positive and constructive manner. Ready to take on responsibility by being calm, unselfconscious and assertive.
- Leadership Potential - Can make a leadership contribution to the Company by being equally task and people focused. Calm, consistent, energetic and positive helping to listen and encourage debate.
- Attention to Detail - Takes care when completing a task ensuring that their actions comply with policy and procedures. Quick to spot errors and inconsistencies. Like to maintain high standards at all times.
- Resilience - Can remain calm under pressure remaining confident and assertive without being moody or inclined to take things personally. Can take criticism without taking offence and have the personal autonomy to deal with issues without over reacting.
CSG is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.