Established in the UK 17 years ago, my client is a privately owned Yorkshire based business that is now looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join their team. The business operates within the fresh food market and had gone from strength to strength over the last few years.
To partner with the site Directors and senior management team to continue to grow the business, by providing financial insight and input into all areas of decision making. To ensure all aspects of the Finance function runs smoothly, all accounting deadlines are met, suppliers are paid correctly, customers are accurately invoiced and encouraged to comply with the sites terms and conditions and all management information is prepared and collated in accordance with the Groups reporting schedules.
The Parent company operates via a number of sites across the UK and over time this role may be required to cover multiple sites within reasonable proximity.
Specific duties include;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for sites responsible for, ensuring accuracy and adherence to specified deadlines
- Preparation of year end accounts for the site ensuring accuracy and adherence to specified deadline
- Collation of annual budget for the site in cooperation with local management
- Preparing Weekly Estimate for the site.
- Control of the business software - Microsoft, Excel, Payroll etc. The business runs on Prophet ERP.
- Ensuring all transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensuring that all relevant daily/weekly management reports are generated and reviewed, and corrective action taken where necessary (e.g. stock, credit note and daily profit reports).
- Ensuring all admin employees are attending to their duties in a professional manner, and that accounting deadlines (particularly with regard to Month End) and objectives are being met
- Monitoring of debtors ledger, creditors ledger and bank accounts, ensuring these are controlled in an appropriate manner to protect the Company's assets
- Ensuring cash is handled appropriately and properly safeguarded
- Providing local management with management information to enable them to run the site appropriately
- Ensuring the site adheres to the Company's policies and procedures and necessary corrective action is taken where required
- Exploration of opportunities for expansion of the business in the markets that the site operates in.
Financial management covers the following areas:
- Bookkeeping and recording
Manage the admin team and resources of the site such that high standards of service are maintained, adequate control procedures exist at all times and reporting of accounting information is timely and accurate.
Ensure that the site and business have suitable systems, processes and procedures to accurately capture all financial transactions and exert strong financial control over all business activities.
- Reporting processes
Ensure the site financial and statistical reporting processes are accurate, timely and pertinent.
- Analysis of results
The site financial and statistical performance must not only be reported accurately and promptly but in addition such performance must be analysed and reviewed with key features extracted and reported to the DFC for attention.
- Treasury management
Treasury management is paramount in ensuring the Group achieves all banking targets and that current and projected bank balances are in line with Group targets and needs. The treasury function is provided for all Regional activities including foreign currency management.
- Credit control
Credit control is inextricably bound with cash management. The FC must constantly review levels of credit given and taken and ensure Group guidelines are achieved.
- Audit processes
Audit processes provide early warning of potential problems or confirm adherence to Group financial policies and procedures. Management of internal and external audits is a key responsibility of the FC.
- Budgets &Forecasts
- Interpretation of results
Business Reviews is a generic term to cover:
- Regional/Site/Business operational reviews
- Analytical reviews
- Financial modelling
The FC will be expected to provide the DFC with business analysis and interpretation to assist in the review of business performance and prospects. Such research will be available to the DFC such that they can agree key areas within a business that demand management attention and action.
- Ability to implement, control processes and procedures and exert strong financial control over businesses activities.
- Committed to the delivery of quality reporting and management information
- Capable of applying attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to demonstrate broad commercial acumen and good analytical skills
- Good communication skills and ability to build strong business relationships
- Excellent organisational skills / Flexibility essential
- Ability to use own initiative and to adapt to changes in the industry
- Good team working and the skill of fostering this in others
- People management skills including the ability to motivate, monitor performance and develop employee competence through delegation and training
A minimum of 5 year's financial management experience
Successful track record within a fast moving wholesale or retail environment ideally with fresh produce experience, however the latter is not essential.
People management experience
Experience of assisting with change management
CSG is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.