Partner Manager - Managed On-Trade
Partner Manager - Managed On-Trade
Department/Section: Maverick Drinks
Salary range: £40-50k depending on experience
Place of work: Field-based
Reporting to: Senior Partner Manager - Managed On-Trade
Maverick Drinks is leading the craft spirits movement in the UK and we represent a large number of exceptional craft and boutique spirits produced both in the UK and abroad. Our mission is to drive change in the spirits industry by reducing our customers’ reliance on mainstream brands by introducing them to higher quality products that their customers will love.
Our growth is outpacing the industry and we continue to challenge the traditional ways of working to make them better. We’re doing things our way and we’re trying to add value to every aspect of the drinks business.
You will be responsible for driving distribution and growth of the Maverick Drinks brand portfolio across your national and regional managed on-trade customer base; acting as a consultant to the trade, bringing customers on the craft spirits journey. You will drive the growth and development of existing customer base, and seek out new opportunities for business within the Managed On-Trade channel.
Essentials of the job
- Utilise key contacts within your network to create new business opportunities within the channel and establish a broad and diverse customer base
- Contribute and ensure the implementation of the managed on-trade channel strategy
- Develop joint business plans in order to deliver against the budgeted growth targets for your channel
- Manage the full commercial picture from accurate forecasting to A&P investment, and ensure that all marketing activity drives a positive return on investment
- Use your expertise in the craft spirits category and consumer to share category trends and insights to facilitate decision making and product ranging, leading to a greater presence for our brands
- Drive distribution, visibility and rate of sale of the Maverick Drinks core range, and subsequently leverage these listings to further establish distribution of the wider portfolio
- Utilise the wider internal team, including our world class portfolio brand ambassadors, to deliver liquid, brand and category training to embed our brands and drive value for the customer
- Attend channel trade shows and industry specific events to broaden your network and influence across the potential customer base to create ongoing opportunities for the business
- Liaise with the route-to-market NAMs and Wholesale Partner Manager to ensure product availability and accessibility across your account base
Experience, skills and qualifications
- You will have strong numeracy skills and working knowledge of marketing investment effectiveness and the importance of return on investments
- Solid experience of account management within the spirits industry, including proven experience of national managed on-trade customers
- Extensive knowledge of the managed on-trade channel, with demonstrable knowledge of movers and shakers
- Experience of implementing business processes and channel plan strategy would be essential
- Some experience of delivering exceptional NPD launches within the spirits category
- Experience of new business development within the managed on-trade sector
- Confident in talking about category, trends and brands; ideally will have a strong working knowledge of the crafts spirits category in the UK or internationally
- Strong understanding of customer marketing, including brand execution, trade marketing and category development
- Skills in P&L management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including engaging presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good IT competency, including Google Suite of apps along with ability to produce engaging presentations
- Educated to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Qualification at Higher Level would be desirable, as would degree level education
- This role is field-based and will require nationwide travel; a full UK driving licence is therefore required
- Curation of cocktail lists and skills in brand marketing would be hugely valuable
- Experience in working the other side of the bar would be useful
- Passion for achievement; integrity and drive with a strong desire to make things happen
- You will possess a strong sense of purpose, be proactive and capable of working autonomously
- Ability to think outside the box and be able to challenge the status quo within the channel, be maverick
- Excellent attention to detail
- Presentable, articulate and polite
Why work for us?
Other than the standard benefits you expect to see from a business (think pension, cycle-2-work scheme, free eye care vouchers, childcare vouchers) we also offer…
- Flexible working We’re focussed on productivity and will work with you to make sure you’re happy with how you work. ..
- A relaxed working environment There are no suits and ties here (unless you insist).
- A challenge The opportunity to make a difference to the future of the business. It is our people who put us in the 2017 Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
- Personal Days Seven completely flexible personal days on top of your annual leave, because we all need a duvet day from time to time.
- A healthy staff discount on our world-class range. Just in case that makes a difference.
- (Un)healthy irreverence National pizza/doughnut/pie/lemonade/etc day? We got it covered.
If you think you have got what it takes to be our next Partner Manager - Managed On-Trade send us your CV and covering letter today!