Ingredients Buyer, Llanelli,
Working closely with the Technical department, to ensure compliance with food safety, traceability, and authenticity requirements, the successful candidate will ensure the sustainable and ethical sourcing of all food ingredients.
This newly created role will see you collaborate closely with Product Development teams across the group to source new ingredients and suppliers to drive the innovation agenda. You will be required to apply strategy from Group for the purchase of goods and services for all sites, and associated parties. You will coordinate responses to all strategic purchasing requests from all sites including (but not limited to) NPD requests, new supplier identification and engagement and new product trials.
The Ingredients Buyer will also be responsible for monitoring the key factors and market trends affecting ingredient supply, and managing the supply base in conjunction with NPD requirements, negotiating and agreeing terms and conditions whilst ensuring that company costs and processes are not compromised.
What we are looking for:
- Educated to Degree level or similar level - ideally in Food Science/ Technology, or relevant science
- Strong Food Industry procurement experience with European or Global sourcing experience
- Experience of buying food ingredients (e.g. seasonings, sauces, marinades, cereals etc.)
- Proven negotiation skills ‘Deal Conscious’
- Strong Commercial awareness with first class customer facing skills
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to build effective relationships at all levels
- Computer literate
- Able to work both as an individual and as a team player
- Good interpersonal skills - Ability to create a favourable first impression, project yourself well and present with confidence
- Able to enjoy working within a fast-moving environment with change and high expectations
- Must be in possession of a full valid driving licence
The above job description is representative of the main duties of the role and the Company reserves the right to make reasonable changes to the job description to meet the changing needs of the business.
In return for meeting the above criteria the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary and the chance to build a career within one of Europe’s leading food companies. The business is multisite operator, at the cutting edge of new product development, with numerous awards to its name.
Elevate Recruitment & Training Consultants Limited are a specialist food industry recruiter. This vacancy is one of a number of vacancies that we are working in the sector – please get in touch for further details.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.