Retail and Hospitality Accounts Manager
Retail and Hospitality Accounts Manager
Company: Lloyds Register
This role is primarily responsible for the management of core LR retail and hospitality customer accounts within the UK. This includes key supermarket, hotel and restaurant/pub customers. They will be responsible for ensuring that LR’s service to named customers, particularly in the retail sector, is industry leading and they will be recognised by customers as the primary accountable contact for contract related requirements.
They will work closely with customers, office teams and other account managers to establish and maintain productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts to ensure that contracted services are being delivered according to contract requirements and will maintain effective contact with customer decision makers to offer innovative additional services
Your duties will include
- Proactively manage named customers’ account relationships and contract requirements and oversee day to day delivery
- Oversees the involvement of personnel, including support, service, auditor and other account management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Field, manage and refer technical queries from customers in response to their technical support needs
- Work with the senior account management team to deliver an annual plan of service delivery, communications and formal reviews to customers, including reporting agreed performance indicators to customers and senior management.
- Identify and implement changes to deliver continual improvement in customer service
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary LR personnel that are required to work alongside the customers.
- Lead on the preparation of new contracts for services for account managed customers, being fully aware of deadlines and providing suitable lead times to allow for full reviews and opportunities to promote new services to clients
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key individuals/decision makers in account managed customers
- Keep abreast of competitors’ initiatives to ensure LR remains customer relevant and innovative relative to the competition
- Develop and maintain an agreed annual budget for maintenance of existing contracts including contract pricing, annual increases and delivery profitability
- Work with customers’ commercial leads to introduce new service opportunities and new initiatives
- Work closely with LR Finance team members to provide timely and accurate information for monthly invoicing, management accounts and forecasting.
- Assess the risks and work in a safe manner at all times, robustly implementing health and safety rules, instructions and systems and refuse to undertake work that compromises your safety or health.
- Manage your own and your team's compliance with health and safety rules, instructions, systems and legal requirements, ensuring employees are suitably trained and adequate resources are available to work safely.
- Monitor and review health and safety performance, observe safety behaviours in the workplace, taking appropriate corrective and preventive action as necessary and suggesting and implementing improvement activities.
To be considered
- Experience working in account management within food retail, health and safety, food safety related environment such as retail, hospitality/leisure and/or care services e.g. nursery or care residential/care homes and/or industry experience of working within these sectors
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Food Science, Marketing and Sales, Business Management qualification, Economics, ISO 9000 Auditor/Lead Auditor.
- Technical competence/awareness in safety compliance in the retail and hospitality sector (or working towards)
- Relevant qualifications in the field of environmental health, health and safety or food safety, Fire Safety (desirable)
- Knowledge of requirements for businesses in the retail and/or hospitality sectors in relation to maintaining compliance to various environmental health/supply chain legislation requirements
- Being customer centric –putting the customer at the heart of all we do whilst ensuring that by doing so still gives the business benefits of growth or improved efficiencies.
- Experience and knowledge of effective management of contract budgets including setting, negotiating and tracking
- A collaborative approach to problem solving with strong communication and diplomacy skills to guide, negotiate, influence and persuade at all levels-possess excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to understand and assess complex and sometimes unfamiliar situations, driven by detail, visualise solutions and see through to resolution and work effectively within a matrix organisation.
- Strong commercial awareness and negotiation skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to multi task, to be controlled and organised is key.
- Enthusiastic, flexible and self-motivated individual with a “can do” driven and determined attitude and the ability to work in a high-pressure customer environment
- Good team player able to influence and work with others to ensure all are working to the common goal, in a consistent approach and to support when others are focused on other tasks to help speed up the progression of their customers’ needs