A brilliant opportunity has arisen for a Category Buyer - Food to join a market leading food business in London. The business is well-known in the FMCG industry due to their award-winning products.
You will be responsible for sourcing food for the specific category and assisting the wider Procurement team by analysing the markets relevant to the category.
- Purchasing food within the category under the supervision of the Procurement Manager.
- Be the point of contact for other departments within the business.
- Working cross-functionally to ensure supplier performance is maintained at the standard required by the business.
- Reporting on the movements in the commodity markets.
- Experience of Procurement within a food manufacturing environment is essential.
- Loves working with customers to ensure both parties' targets are met.
- Experience of managing a spend of around £500k - £1.25m.
- Strong negotiation skills are essential for this role.