Junior Category Manager- SME Entrepreneurship with Great Brands (Part of Global Group)
Our client is a leading International FMCG business within the Categories in which serves, operating across several own label & branded areas they have an unquestionable appetite for success. Their 5 year plan is simple and yet immeasurably challenging, to transform the very way in which their Categories are “defined” and “shopped” by the retailer and consumer alike. The 2-3 year strategic goal is to succeed in the “elusive tightrope” of driving both Quantity & Value within their core offering, that will see their market dominance increase considerably.
As the Junior Category Manager you will be tasked with help manage a Key Business Unit working with the respective Senior Managers.
- Working cross functionally both internally and externally you will drive a strong growth agenda within your business unit that will play a significant part in maximising EBIT performance of the UK business as whole.
- In order to achieve you will take ownership of driving a “change agenda” both internally and externally to the business.
- You will assist in forming short-term goals- 12-18th Months, whilst long-term goals will be devised some 5 years into the future, hence the intellectual stretch you will experience will be unparalleled in your career to date.
- Working at close quarters with the UK Category Director, Marketing Directors and respective Commercial Leaders, you will assist them in forming the “Commercial & Category Compass” for the business to set its course.
- This role will be your building block to a 2-3 step career development curve with the business.
Candidates will have ideally gained exposure to Commercial/Trading or Category/Trade Marketing within one of two channels- Leading FMCG Businesses or working directly for a UK Retailer. In doing so they will be at ease with operating in an intellectually tough environment, where results are driven via a “Strategic” approach. Finally the role requires a real “can do” mentality alongside a creative flair for solution focused thinking inside an International corporate framework.