Exciting Global Player:
Smithfield Foods, Inc. is the largest pork processor in the world. With a group turnover of over $14 billion, the Smithfield Foods group provides market-leading brands and private label solutions in numerous countries across the globe. We combine our shopper and consumer insights with industry expertise to deliver targeted retail solutions that enhance our customers' categories and deliver profitable growth.
Smithfield Foods brings delicious and nutritious meat products to millions of people in the UK in a manner that sets industry benchmarks for sustainability. We work in all sales channels and market segments with a broad portfolio of branded and private-label meat products, providing everything from traditional deli meats to more modern, convenient foods: pork, poultry, cooked meats, canned meats, hot dogs, pizza toppings, pâtés, meal components and fresh meats.
Are you ready to be part of the story?
As the Category Manager you will be responsible for managing category strategy and proposition development for Cooked Meats & Polish categories. Developing the product portfolio, own range performance analysis across the market in order to identify business development opportunities. You will also focus upon consumer insight and market research for each category and produce clearly defined ranges for each, with a rolling development pipeline. This will allow you to identify new customer & business development opportunities and define the optimal category and brand propositions to take to market for securing incremental business.
- Develop customer relationships across all functions to drive profitable growth to mutual benefit, including customer entertaining if required.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the site’s commercial, customer and category strategies.
- Use knowledge of the commercial strategy and market/customer intelligence to assist in the creation of the Joint Business Plan to deliver growth for the category.
- Regularly visit stores to gain knowledge and expertise on their store operation.
- Produce monthly market updates on the total category to include market segmentation, size, growth and shares, promotions and new products. Carry out regular market reviews with customers.
- Prepare and present Category Reviews and strategy presentations to customers
- Provide relevant ad-hoc market data to internal and external customers.
- Provide analysis & recommendations for key areas of category management including consumer insight, strategic planning, space management, promotions, pricing & ranging.
- Review and analyse strategy and promotional activity to understand what works well.
Marketing Activity Plan
- Develop and implement a detailed Marketing Promotion Plan, to drives sales and optimise the available Marketing Fund (if any).
- Utilise customer tool-kits (retailer magazine, FM, sampling, online, POS, store briefing packs, colleague incentives) to grow sales.
- Ensure that any promotional activity undertaken will achieve strategic objectives for customer
New Product Development
- Work with marketing and NPD to identify gaps in the market and emerging trends, and work with the NPD team to develop new products.
- Alongside the NPD team, deliver product presentations and use available data and insights to develop clear rationale and justification.
- Alongside the NPD and Process teams help to manage the customer’s and Smithfield’s critical path to deliver successful, timely product launches.
- Join a World Leading FMCG Business with significant investment and growth plans for the UK Market.
- Help lead & Develop the UK Category Marketing Strategy
- Have the opportunity to drive and realise your full potential and maximise your career development.
Relevant Candidates will have ideally gained exposure to Category/Trade Marketing or retail buying experience within branded and Own Label environments. You must be at ease with operating in a fast moving environment, have fantastic communication skills and understand how to shape strategic ideas and implement activities. Naturally candidates must also be at ease with Data analysis & interpretation across its’ various formats including Dunhummby, Kantar/ TNS and EPOS. In return the business offers a great platform in which you express your true passion for Category Management within a leading UK food player.
Please Note: We have chosen to work exclusively with Category Captain & 1 other PSL; therefore we kindly ask that other recruiters respect our decision and do not contact us in relation to this role. Thank You.
Apply for Category Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly