We are partnering exclusively with one of the fastest growing natural food brands who are looking for a Technical Manager to join their Supply Chain Team in London.
They have launched 3 new product ranges in the grocery sector this year and have ambitious plans for a number of new products next year. This role sits at the heart of their products division and you will be driving product quality, ensuring that the high standards are consistently met across all manufacturing sites. The aim of this role is to have a proactive approach to quality and facilitate a culture of continuous improvement.
The Role & Criteria
• You will be driving the technical strategy, ensuring product compliance, quality improvements and closing out any product technical issues that may arise for the company
• Identify lead and facilitate product quality improvement initiatives across all manufacturing sites
• Act as the technical lead in liaising with third party suppliers to ensure all products are produced in line with quality, safety and legislation requirements
• Develop and implement Quality Management Systems and KPI’s to encourage and improve product performance
• Audit the food safety and quality processes of manufacturing sites and suppliers
• Ability to resolve any issues quickly and effectively
• To support and help drive continuous development
• Developing standard practices, ways of working and processes across product quality assurance
• Ensuring adherence to company, CSR, retailer and food safety policies
• Impressive track record in leading technical and quality assurance within a food manufacturing FMCG organisation
• Extensive experience of managing third party suppliers with regards to all quality processes
• Great relationship management skills with strong influencing, facilitation and negotiation
• Ability to self-manage resource with leadership and management experience and personal accountability for results
• Technical knowledge of quality systems/processes legislation with a high level of accuracy
• Excellent eye for detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills and abilities in stakeholder management
• Ability to present information in a rational, structured and concise manner
• Educated to degree level preferably in Food Science, technology and nutrition
• Knowledge of principles of HACCP, risk assessment and auditing
If you are passionate, love food and want to be part of a company making a real difference please get in touch.