Territory Manager – Birmingham South
Reports to: Sales Director
Territory: Birmingham South
HG Stephenson's is an independent family-run business based in Stockport and celebrating 150 years in 2018. Since 1868 we’ve been inspiring the UK catering and hospitality industry with an extensive and ever updating collection of glassware, crockery, cutlery, disposables and much more. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team.
We’re looking for a results-driven sales representative to actively develop new business within our existing customer base as well as seeking out brand new customers and opportunities for our products. You will provide complete and appropriate solutions for every customer in order to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels and profitability.
- Present, promote and sell products using solid product knowledge to existing and prospective customers.
- Perform cost-benefit analysis
- Achieve, plan and provide progress reports on agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule and to plan how to achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes.
- Liaise with the office and warehouse to ensure that your customers’ requirements are met.
- Work closely with the purchasing team to source the exact product required by your customer.
- Work closely with the pricing manager to ensure pricing is correct, customer order pads are utilised and up to date
- Review your customer base to capture and action any lapsing customers or customer spend
- Work to maximise your customers spend by analysing areas where you can increase sales
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting for your area.
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
- Fully maintaining & developing existing business and generating new customers within a specific geographical area.
- Continuously improve through feedback
- You will need to demonstrate highly effective negotiation and influencing skills as well as strong commercial awareness.
- Able to demonstrate commitment to delivering exemplary customer service
- High self-motivation with a strong desire to exceed targets
- The ability to work autonomously as well as being a team-oriented person
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and deal with diverse tasks and work under pressure
- You should have a demonstrable track record of success at Account Manager level or similar
- Some knowledge of the restaurant/bar trade sector would be advantageous.