Business Development Manager/National Account Manager
Job Title: Business Development Manager/National Account Manager
Location: North / South / National
Job Sector: Coffee & Vending
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £40,000 p.a + £55,000 OTE + Car
Job Reference: SS/J020187
One of the UK’s most innovative and forward thinking players in the ‘coffee to go’ market is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to be based out of their Hertfordshire office, but to cover the country as a whole.
They have well established partnerships with leading brands and bring a fresh alternative to the high street; competing with the major coffee shop retailers.
About the Role:
You will join the dynamic sales team in order to help achieve new business targets as well as account managing some of the largest group accounts within the convenience, forecourt and retail sectors. You will be required to self-generate new business sale opportunities for self-operated hot beverage equipment, taking responsibility for the full P & L for designated customers.
Successful delivery of the role will open up opportunity for growth and promotion within the business, so this is a very exciting time to join!
More specific duties will include;
- 50/50 split of new business and account management of existing accounts
- Agree and develop a 12-month sales and marketing plan
- Proactively account manage existing larger customers – be the main point of contact at head office level; attending regular review meetings and driving strategic growth plans
- Build a network of contacts within target sectors in order to gain new customers
- Book your own new business meetings with potential customers
- Make accurate, rapid cost calculations and provide customers with quotations and proposals
- Negotiate terms and close deals
- Achieve annual new business targets
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts as required
- Participate in marketing events such as; seminars and trade shows
- Update the company CRM tool to record all sales activities providing monthly activity reports and forecasting
Key Skills/Experience Required:
In order to be considered for the role of Business Development Manager you must possess the following;
- A successful B2B new business sales career to date (ideally into retailers such as Costcutter/Nisa etc)
- The ability to travel on a national basis
- A proven track record of winning new business
- Previous success in sourcing own leads and meetings
- A high performer
- First class interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships
- Honesty and integrity
- A full UK driving license
- A basic salary of up to £40,000 p.a (DOE)
- £55,000 OTE +
- Company car
- Contributory pension
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.