Key Account Manager
Working for instantly recognisable product with a well established business within their market. This role enables you to manage a number of National accounts with an effective lifestyle power brand with first class products.
My client is at the forefront of healthy living with first class innovative products. With a modern office, they continue to experience yoy growth both domestically and internationally. With a close knit team and first class product offering they create an environment where individuals are able to excel.
With employees being at the forefront of the brand image this proud to be British company is one that you don't want to miss an opportunity with.
You will be a commercially-minded, results focused, experienced sales person. At least 2-3 years solid retail sales and business development experience, ideally within the bike industry. You will understand the market, strategic competition, suppliers and retailers within, and the wider positioning of the brand. You have the talent to confront the rapidly changing marketplace and identify correct routes to sustainable long-term success.
You'll be numerate, perceptive in analysis of sales data, and able use these to build persuasive arguments to achieve your goals. You'll be part of a small team who enjoy robust commercial thinking and are dedicated to fulfilling the brands potential. Additionally, you will be self-assured, personable, resourceful and entrepreneurial.
Due to the significant travel required, you will be self-motivated, efficient and effective when working remotely. You must be flexible, highly organised and dependable, both in your own contact with customers and in your reporting back to the office
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Delivering on budgeted sales targets for all Brompton products across your retail network
- Building relationships with key contacts and customers, to gain clear understanding of their businesses, requirements and objectives, to ensure sales metrics are met and expectations exceeded
- Identifying, targeting, liaising and visit core prospective customers
- Opening dealerships, negotiate agreements and close sales
- Identifying and developing new routes to market including Click & Collect, and B2C
- Identifying and resolving customer concerns
- Creating suitable strategies for dealing with obstacles, customer objections and competitor situations
- Delivering a programme of product sales training and support
- Co-ordinating, delivering and monitoring the Dealer Accreditation programme
- To identify opportunities that require additional support and resource
- Representing the company at trade exhibitions, events, demonstrations and seminars
- Setting up and organise events with retailers & businesses
- Building annual business plans for your accounts
- Forecasting, planning and delivering on sales targets
- Develop a 12 month rolling sales forecast/pipeline plan for your retail customers in accordance with sales objectives
- Monitoring and reporting your performance through weekly and monthly KPIs
- Performing statistical analysis and assess actuals vs forecasting
- Raising risks and opportunities for your accounts and developing related solutions
- Management of day-to-day sales
- Feeding information on future buying trends to colleagues in Marketing, Design and Purchasing
- Gathering market, competitor and customer data whilst executing product and marketing strategy
- To communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Ambition with a result focused mindset
- Strong sales, commercial, and customer service skills
- A proven track record in comparable Sales/Account Management role
- Market knowledge and be commercially focused
- A consultative sales approach
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong organisation skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to persuade and influence others
- Competence in the development and delivery of presentations
- Knowledge of rapidly changing consumer behaviour
- Strong attention to detail and a willingness to dig down into details
The role offers a competitive salary plus additional benefits.