Strategic Development Director - EMEA
Job Title: Strategic Development Director - EMEA
Salary: Up to £62,000 plus car allowance and excellent benefits
Sector / Industry: FMCG
Job Reference: AJ0509
Would you like to work for a fast growing organisation who operate on a global level based in West London, a category leading organisation who operate within the Food and Drink sector.
A brand new Strategic Development team has been created to improve the capability of the EMEA business, to ensure its continued growth ambitions are met and to develop strategic frameworks & solutions that will enable future opportunities to be unlocked.
The team will work with and make recommendations to all business functions (sales, marketing, NPD, supply chain, finance, legal etc) within (but not limited to) the following areas:
- Development of Brand, Marketing & Sales Strategy
- Revenue Growth Management Strategy (incl. Product / Pack / Price)
- New Product Platform Launches & Go to Market Framework
- Investment Strategy & Cost Management (incl. Value Engineering initiatives)
- Optimisation of Business Processes and Systems
- Running of Monthly Strategic Management Meetings
The role of the Strategic Development Director will be to support the VP of Strategic Development to drive the strategic agenda on an international scale across EMEA. They will be instrumental in making sure the strategy for the EMEA business is more competitive in the market. Ideally they would have worked on strategic projects in a large FMCG business.
This role offers the chance for you to shape, define, deliver and enhance the future business of the EMEA region. This opportunity will genuinely be able to accelerate your career within a category leading global business. You will have autonomy and a supportive environment to make a difference to the market. This person will have direct exposure to the most senior members of the organisation including MD for EMEA.
- Analysis of EMEA business and organisational development opportunities to support ongoing and sustainable growth.
- Develop a series of strategic recommendations to realise these improvement benefits through management of a programme of work.
- Work with senior central and regional stakeholders to create business cases for change.
- Gain buy-in to the benefits of each strategic recommendation, then developing clear project plans and scopes of work.
- Be directly responsible for the management of projects through their lifecycle or oversee the management by other functions.
- Be responsive to dynamic changes in the category and competitive landscape to then provide strategic solutions.
- Up to £62,000 basic salary plus car allowance, pension, healthcare and benefits
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience at management level in Strategy, Marketing or Commercial role from a well-recognised FMCG organisation.
- Demonstrable success on developing and implementing Commercial growth strategies or strategic frameworks from ideation and “big-picture-thinking” through till execution.
- Competent to run and deliver on multiple projects in conjunction with each other.
- Strong interpersonal skills with exceptional ability to build relationships with & influence multiple senior stakeholders across different business functions
- Offers leadership; has ability to lead, manage or motivate diverse skill sets to deliver on longer term projects as well as day to day operational opportunities
- Analytical and creative problem-solver that is process-driven and can continue to instil strong practices within the team
- Agile learner who can adapt & recalibrate project objectives easily in a fast-paced and rapidly-developing organisation.
- International experience is desirable not essential
- Resilient, able to deal with change within a fast paced environment and being able to prioritise
- Strong leadership and team working skills, especially in leading a cross functional team
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills, using data to provide insight and clear recommendations
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Ali Jafri or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
To Contact Direct: Ali Jafri 0161 639 0080, firstname.lastname@example.org