Raw Material Planner
Job Type: Raw Material Planner
Salary: £35k - £40k
Location: London/West London
Job Reference: 24103
Do you want to work for a leader in the FMCG industry? Do you want to be part of a developing supply chain department? Do you want to work with a portfolio of customers including the major mults? The business have a permanent vacancy in the Supply Chain Department.
The company’s values are extremely important to them and they include, Engagement, Communication and Leadership. The company provide a competitive base salary, great future opportunities for ambitious people and pension scheme. It is a fun and vibrant environment to work in.
Raw Material Planner role:
The Raw Material Planner will work within the material supply team based in London to accurately plan, process and maintain appropriate levels of raw material purchase orders within Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The Raw Material Planner will identify needs through forecast to supply and manage raw materials of both ingredients and packaging materials, to drive system maintenance and integrity and to work with identified suppliers to ensure production needs are met.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders according to company purchasing policies and procedures
- Confirm purchase orders with vendors including delivery date, quantity, unit of measure etc.
- Track and expedite purchase orders by working with suppliers, carriers, etc
- Maintain purchase orders within SAP so the system holds the latest details and supports operational plans
- Build good work relationship with suppliers and other cross functional team members
- Ensure accurate planning parameters are reflected in SAP and regularly review to achieve optimum materials inventory holding within the network
- Proactively identify slow moving and obsolete raw material risks, report and follow up by closely working with other functional teams
- Regularly check for potential stock-outs due to purchasing delivery delay. Take immediate action to ensure material availability by expediting PO for earlier delivery when necessary.
- Closely work with the product development teams to support new products implementation through the supply of new raw materials.
- Monitor and evaluate supplier performance around delivery performance and order fulfilment
- Issue purchase forecasts to vendors and support Raw Material Supply Manager in holding formal supply reviews with main vendors
- At least 4 years of the experience in supply planning
- Working level of proficiency in SAP
- Previous experience working within a leading FMCG environment
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong sense of urgency and of responsibility
- Must be a team player and demonstrate successful experience working in a cross functional international team environment
- Perform well under pressure
- Must have strong maths skills, including the ability to convert measurements
- Must have strong understanding of MRP
- Must have advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, organised, highly motivated and a self-starter who is comfortable working with limited supervision and juggle lots of projects at one time. The Raw Material Planner must exhibit good business knowledge evidenced by a high level of integrity, have a clear understanding of a planning function and ability to deal with complex details in a fast paced environment.
Must be able to focus on achieving priorities in an organised manner and have demonstrated ability to handle multiple activities. Must be able to work independently but also be team oriented.
This role is a significant opportunity within a recognised FMCG business with the opportunity to further progress and make impact!
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.