National Account Controller - Top 4
National Account Controller - Retail
Job Title: National Account Controller – Top 4 Major Multiple
Salary: Competitive salary plus car allowance & benefits
Location: North West
Sector / Industry: FMCG / Food and Drink
Job Reference: AJ0409
Are you interested in a new challenge in a progressive, professional and a well-established food manufacturer?
Are you able to work to complexity and in a dynamic, commercially robust and collaborative business?
This business is a major player within FMCG, and are looking to appoint a National Account Controller – Retail. An exciting, commercial and ambitious business who have demonstrated strong growth over a sustained period and will offer you career progression opportunities, challenge and the ability to work with a long serving and stable team.
As the National Account Controller you will lead a team servicing one of the major retailers. You will mentor, coach and develop the team with a combined P&L responsibility. You will develop key customers to support the account management team and have direct account responsibility to ensure growth and maintain targets. Within the role you will conduct forecast reviews and quarterly review meetings with external contacts to ensure agreed business objectives. Within the role you will work in a cross functional environment key contacts with the various teams will be the following Marketing, Buying, Supply Chain, Finance and Sales. You will fulfil the long term plans to achieve account targets and monitor implementation to reach the strategic target on your relevant accounts. You will identify problems and implement solutions.
- Competitive salary, car allowance, pension, healthcare and benefits
- Lead a team of sales individuals covering the retail channel
- Create and implement customer business and promotional plans
- Drive the strategic focus on the specific retailer
- Communicate strategic customer plans and objectives and ensure all departments alignments to individual plans
- Develop relationships at all levels with key customers, ensure regular review meetings with key contacts to ensure business objectives are achieved
- Develop, mentor and monitor sales personnel to identify areas of development and strengths
- Identify problems and impellent solutions
- Support the Sales Director with relevant information and data and deputise for the sales Director as when required
Required Skills & Experience:
- Extensive account management experience in the food or drink industry
- Senior commercial experience of managing a major retailer (Top 4)
- Graduate calibre
- Proven line management experience
- Industry awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good leadership skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to build relationships at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Presentation skills
- Self-motivated and achievement orientated
- High level of numeracy
- Knowledge of SAP is preferable
- Project management experience would be an advantage
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Ali Jafri or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
To Contact Direct: Ali Jafri on 0161 639 0080, email@example.com