National Account Manager – Wholesale & Convenience
Godrej Consumer Products (UK) Ltd has recently been acquired by JZ International; a leading pan-European private investment business based in London, and is now known as Karium (www.godrejuk.com). JZI is the European affiliate of The Jordan Company, which is a long-established investment firm, based in New York. JZI are distinguished for taking long-term views on the companies they invest in; these tend to be small to medium-sized established businesses and they have identified Godrej UK as a strong platform to build on.
Karium is a fast growing UK based FMCG company primarily operating in the Health and Beauty space. It sits under the umbrella of the JZ International Group, and is part of its FMCG business. In the UK, based out of Hounslow, we are an ambitious business, currently about £58 million in turnover, with the vision to double in the next 3-5 years. We own a strong product and brand portfolio consisting of Cuticura, Botanical Lab, Soft & Gentle, Provoke - Touch of Silver, Provoke – Liquid Blonde and Inecto and we are also distributors for, P 20 and Perspirex in the UK.
Our culture is shaped by our values and we offer a working experience that appreciates the individual, invests in people and makes work enjoyable. There is a sense of belonging within the team; a family spirit and a keen desire to collaborate and grow. We are a truly diverse team, having the customer at the heart of everything we do and we are all in it together!
Our employees have a hunger to learn and improve and we nurture these attributes and work with them to reach their full potential by offering various avenues for their growth and development. We value people who have the tenacity to see a project through from start to finish, motivate fellow colleagues with adaptive leadership skills and foster collaboration when working as part of a team.
To grow both our Own Brand and Distributor Brand business in the Convenience & Wholesale Channel and develop new Business opportunities including Debenhams, John Lewis and Marks & Spencer.
Key account responsibility include Costco, The Range, Trago Mills and One Stop as well as a significant number of wholesale customers, in addition to the development and optimisation of our currently chosen 3rd party Robinson Young who support the management of our Convenience & Wholesale Business.
The NAM is responsible for developing & implementing annual customer growth plans and working with the Senior NAM to develop a long term strategy for growth for the Convenience & Wholesale channel to ensure budgeted sales & contribution targets are delivered.
- Proven experience in growing sales and building strong relationships within the Convenience & Wholesale Channel is an essential part of the role along with the required hunger and tenacity to enable us to continue to grow distribution, in store & in depot visibility & profit ahead of sales.
- Network comprehensively within trade accounts with buying, category, stock replenishment and merchandising teams, using these contacts to benefit business and trading relationship.
- Direct responsibility for each individual account P&L and customer relationship management of these customers and both their depot & store bases.
- Work with key influencers to win the hearts and minds of our customers and step change our influence at all levels (including Senior levels) with the support of the Senior NAM.
- Develop key account business plans showing annual brand and budget achievement and making these “live and breathe” in the form of motivational customer Joint Business Plans
- Ability to “make things happen” especially during difficult times through meticulous, planning, preparation, creativity, dynamism and a real understanding of the business.
- To ensure accuracy of forecasting to a level between 85% & 115%, attending the relevant supply chain meetings to ensure service level targets are delivered and relationships are built.
- High level of understanding of Account’s systems and processes to maximise the system capability and insight provided.
- The National Account Manager needs to drive profitable use of the available A&P funds within agreed parameters
- Ensure all key investment and promotional activity is evaluated to ensure optimal ROI & effectiveness, ensuring all Terms Investment is signed off by SNAM/SD/FD prior to proposal.
- Facilitate practical, positive working relationships with all departments internally including marketing, Finance and Customer service teams.
- Attend sales team meetings, conferences & trade shows as required
- To undertake any additional duties as requested by the Senior NAM.
- Flexible location, although regular visits to Hounslow office will be required
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent commercial and account management skills
- Proven success in gaining distribution, negotiating prime display sites, profitable promotional plans and agreed account P&L’s
- A real ability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers at multiple levels
- Ability to negotiate with customers to achieve objectives
- Proven experience of using market & consumer insight to deliver commercial benefits
- Good commercial acumen & commercial understanding of other business functions
- The ability to work to tight timescales and deadlines
- Good presentation skills
- Drive and team working skills
- Tenacious ability to go the extra mile to make it happen within all accounts
- Positive can do attitude, highly personable, engaging and fully of energy.
- Effective communication skills
- At least 5 years at National Account Manager level or equivalent
- Proven experience of delivering accelerated growth as a NAM ideally within the Convenience & Wholesale channel
- Relevant knowledge of UK OTC and Health & Beauty environment is desirable
- Educated to graduate level ideally in a related Business degree
- MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is essential
- A full driving license is required
- Travel in the UK is an essential part of the role
Please apply now and include a copy of your current CV.