National Account Manager – Boots
Godrej Consumer Products (UK) Ltd has recently been acquired by JZ International; a leading pan-European private investment business based in London, and is now known as Karium (www.godrejuk.com). JZI is the European affiliate of The Jordan Company, which is a long-established investment firm, based in New York. JZI are distinguished for taking long-term views on the companies they invest in; these tend to be small to medium-sized established businesses and they have identified Godrej UK as a strong platform to build on.
Karium is a fast growing UK based FMCG company primarily operating in the Health and Beauty space. It sits under the umbrella of the JZ International Group, and is part of its FMCG business. In the UK, based out of Hounslow, we are an ambitious business, currently about £58 million in turnover, with the vision to double in the next 3-5 years. We own a strong product and brand portfolio consisting of Cuticura, Botanical Lab, Soft & Gentle, Provoke - Touch of Silver, Provoke – Liquid Blonde and Inecto and we are also distributors for, P 20 and Perspirex in the UK.
Our culture is shaped by our values and we offer a working experience that appreciates the individual, invests in people and makes work enjoyable. There is a sense of belonging within the team; a family spirit and a keen desire to collaborate and grow. We are a truly diverse team, having the customer at the heart of everything we do and we are all in it together!
Our employees have a hunger to learn and improve and we nurture these attributes and work with them to reach their full potential by offering various avenues for their growth and development. We value people who have the tenacity to see a project through from start to finish, motivate fellow colleagues with adaptive leadership skills and foster collaboration when working as part of a team.
To grow both our Own Brand and Distributor Brand business in Boots, the National Account Manager is required to build strong customer relationships and step change both the size of our business and our level of influence within our Number 1 account. Also responsible for Alliance, working collaboratively with the Pharmacy NAM to deliver business targets, implement campaigns and NPD and ensuring a smooth transition as Boots/Alliance continue to merge.
The Boots account is the Number 1 account in the business and Karium has strong ambitions to accelerate the growth in this account, developing stronger customer relationships and raising the profile of our business with this key customer.
The NAM is responsible for developing & implementing annual account plans and working with the Senior NAM to develop a long term strategy for growth enabling budgeted sales and contribution targets to be hit and exceeded.
- Proven experience in growing sales and building strong relationships in Boots with the required hunger and tenacity to enable us to win in this key customer, step changing in store distribution and feature whilst growing profit ahead of sales, driving growth +10% YoY for Boots and Alliance.
- Network comprehensively within the account in the critical areas such as buying, category, stock replenishment, finance, merchandising and using these contacts to benefit business and the trade relationship; identify and work with key influencers to win the hearts and minds of our customers and step change our influence at all levels (including Senior levels) with the support of the Senior NAM.
- Direct responsibility for the Boots account P&L and customer relationship management of this strategically important retailer. Working collaboratively with the Pharmacy NAM to deliver a promotional plan in Alliance, selling in NPD and ensuring a smooth transition as Boots and Alliance continue to merge their businesses.
- Develop account business plans showing annual brand and budget achievement and making these “live and breathe” in the form of motivational customer joint Business plans and work with SNAM on the development and presentation of Account Plans internally.
- Ability to “make things happen” especially during difficult times through meticulous, planning, preparation, creativity and dynamism.
- Facilitate practical, positive working relationships with all departments internally including Marketing, Finance and Customer Service teams.
- To ensure accuracy of forecasting, ensuring the achievement of forecasting accuracy targets specified by the business and attending customer supply chain meetings to ensure service level targets are delivered and relationships are built. Use internal promotional and forecasting system to capture all promotions and trade terms accurately and timely.
- Establish and demonstrate commercial grip and control of Boots account, including keeping all internal trackers and documents updated (eg Promotional Calendars, Epos trackers, Distribution Matrix, NPD Tracker, Range Review Tracker, Account Contact Details and Account File); ensuring all Invoices are reconciled monthly; and work with Finance to release accruals and close down promotions.
- The National Account Manager needs to drive profitable use of the available A&P funds within agreed parameters, ensure all key investment and promotional activity is evaluated to ensure optimal ROI and effectiveness and that all Terms Investment is signed off by SNAM/SD/FD prior to customer proposal.
- High level of understanding of Boots systems (eg RSi) and processes to maximise the system capabilities and to hit the ground running. Ongoing ownership of Boots RSi system, utilizing all relevant data and insight to drive the performance of our brands within Boots and identifying commercial opportunities.
- Sell in and launch NPD with excellence in Boots, working collaboratively with internal and external teams to ensure all POS, creatives and activity land in store and online on time.
- Achieve distribution targets set out by the business in Boots and Alliance.
- Attend S&OP meetings, sales team meetings, conferences, trade shows conventions as and when required.
- Responsible for completion of monthly sales report for Boots account, providing epos commentary on monthly performance and action plan for balance of year.
- Provide a weekly sales call on where Boots and Alliance will land in the month and monitor throughout the month.
- Undertake any additional duties as requested by the Senior NAM or Senior Management Team.
- Reasonable proximity to Nottingham or Hounslow ideal, to enable office based role Monday – Wednesday alongside regular customer meetings (ideally weekly).
- Excellent commercial and account management skills
- Proven success in gaining distribution, negotiating prime display sites, profitable promotional plans and agreed account P&L’s
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers at multiple levels
- Ability to negotiate with customers to achieve objectives
- Proven experience of using market & consumer insight to deliver commercial benefits
- Good commercial sense & commercial understanding of other business functions
- The ability to work to tight timescales and deadlines
- Good presentation skills
- Drive and team working skills
- Tenacious ability to go the extra mile to make it happen both at Boots D90 and in Store
- Positive can do attitude, highly personable, engaging and fully of energy.
- Effective communication skills
- At least 5 years at National Account Manager level or equivalent
- Proven experience of delivering accelerated growth as a NAM or in a Boots Buying Capacity
- Relevant knowledge of UK OTC & Health & Beauty environment
- Educated to graduate level in a related Business degree
- MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is essential
- A full driving license is required
- Travel in the UK is an essential part of the role
Please apply now and include a copy of your current CV.
Apply for National Account Manager – Boots
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly