Senior National Account Manager
Godrej Consumer Products (UK) Ltd has recently been acquired by JZ International; a leading pan-European private investment business based in London, and is now known as Karium (www.godrejuk.com). JZI is the European affiliate of The Jordan Company, which is a long-established investment firm, based in New York. JZI are distinguished for taking long-term views on the companies they invest in; these tend to be small to medium-sized established businesses and they have identified Godrej UK as a strong platform to build on.
Karium is a fast growing UK based FMCG company primarily operating in the Health and Beauty space. It sits under the umbrella of the JZ International Group, and is part of its FMCG business. In the UK, based out of Hounslow, we are an ambitious business, currently about £58 million in turnover, with the vision to double in the next 3-5 years. We own a strong product and brand portfolio consisting of Cuticura, Botanical Lab, Soft & Gentle, Provoke - Touch of Silver, Provoke – Liquid Blonde and Inecto and we are also distributors for, P20 and Perspirex in the UK.
Our culture is shaped by our values and we offer a working experience that appreciates the individual, invests in people and makes work enjoyable. There is a sense of belonging within the team; a family spirit and a keen desire to collaborate and grow. We are a truly diverse team, having the customer at the heart of everything we do and we are all in it together!
Our employees have a hunger to learn and improve and we nurture these attributes and work with them to reach their full potential by offering various avenues for their growth and development. We value people who have the tenacity to see a project through from start to finish, motivate fellow colleagues with adaptive leadership skills and foster collaboration when working as part of a team.
To grow and develop our Own Brand/Distributor Brand business through the UK Discounter & Convenience Channel. The Senior NAM role is required to maintain and build upon historically strong trading relationships with all respective customers.
Accountable for developing & implementing the 3 year channel strategy to achieve budgeted sales and profit targets in our largest channel c40% of our Business. The Snr NAM will work closely with both the Marketing Director & Brand Team to ensure the right range, NPD and trading plan for the channel is in place to ensure long range planning targets are delivered.
The Snr Nam will have direct ownership for the Bodycare account & Johnson Brothers in Northern Ireland and be expected to lead and develop a high performance channel team. The job holder will also be accountable for ensuring we have the optimal 3rd party supporting us to unlock the Convenience & Wholesale opportunity as well as identifying and developing potential new customers and routes to market.
- Develop and implement robust 3 year channel strategies aligned to the 3 year Sales Strategy, enabling us to win the war in store (sales fundamentals) and grow profit ahead of sales.
- Submit account business plans in all major accounts showing robust plans to deliver annual brand sales & profit targets.
- The Senior National Account Manager needs to drive profitable use of the available A&P funds within agreed parameters.
- Ensure all key investment and promotional activity is evaluated to ensure optimal ROI and effectiveness and that all Terms Investment is signed off by FD/SD prior to customer proposal.
- To ensure accuracy of Forecasting to agreed target levels and work closely with operations and customer service teams to deliver great customer service levels.
- Direct responsibility for the Bodycare and Johnson Brothers account P&L and customer relationship management of their respective store base.
- Seek to develop new business with accounts and trade sectors with whom or in which we do not currently trade with discussion with the Senior Management Team.
- To manage relationships within accounts, identify and work with key influencers to win the hearts and minds of our customers and step change our influence at a Senior level (Category Director)
- Ensure all Channel & Account inputs are prepared and outputs required for the effective running of the S&OP process are actioned.
- Facilitate practical, positive working relationships with all departments.
- Attend sales meetings, conferences, trade shows conventions as and when required
- Ensure the provision of regular account contact reports and development progress reports, prepare and undertake periodical business reviews and contribute to future strategies.
- To undertake any additional duties as requested by the SD or Senior Management Team.
- Ability to “make things happen” especially during difficult times through meticulous, planning, preparation, creativity and dynamism
- Network comprehensively within trade accounts in the critical areas such as buying, category, stock replenishment, finance, merchandising and using these contacts to benefit business and the trade relationship.
- Leadership & people management, coaching, mentoring and developing people to an agreed level where promotion may be possible.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent account management skills
- Proven success in gaining distribution, negotiating prime display sites, profitable promotional plans and agreed account P&L’s
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers at a senior level
- Ability to negotiate with customers to achieve objectives
- Proven experience of using market & consumer insight to deliver commercial benefits
- Excellent commercial acumen & understanding of other business functions
- Excellent people management skills with an ability to inspire and lead high performing teams
- Good time management skills, with an ability to work to tight timescales and deadlines
- Good presentation skills
- Drive and initiative
- Collaboration and team working skills
- Effective communication skills
- At least 5 years at National Account Manager level or equivalent
- At least 2 years successful people management experience
- Relevant knowledge and experience of all UK Discounter and Wholesale sectors
- Relevant knowledge of UK OTC & Health & Beauty environment
- Educated to graduate level ideally in a related Business degree
- MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is essential
- A full driving license is required
- Travel in the UK is an essential part of the role
Please apply now and include a copy of your current CV.