Category Analyst – Confectionery £35k-£40k
Our client is the UK’s fastest growing confectionery companies in the UK. They are currently looking to recruit a Category Analyst to join their team based near Stockport, reporting to the head of marketing and collaborating with the UK and Ireland sales team.
- Analysing and interpreting data from a variety of sources, including IRI confectionery category data, named account data, Internal sales figures, Sales Out data, and retailer specific data.
- Presenting insight and strategies to both internal and external audiences to achieve strong business growth.
- Extracting actionable insights from the data to drive business growth
- Creating retailer-oriented presentations and attending customer meetings with the sales team.
- Supporting the marketing team with brand plans and insights to support future product development.
- Presenting insight and recommendations to senior management team.
- Advanced analytical and numeracy skills, and strong attention to detail
- Identify and present category trends, summarise and interpret data to deliver valuable insight and direction
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and a team mentality.
- Ability to confidently present data in front of an audience, both internally and external parties
- A good understanding of Excel: reporting methodologies, Pivot Tables, Sumifs and Vlookups. VBA macro understanding would be preferable although not essential
- Competency with Powerpoint
- Experience working with IRI Data (Temple Software) and/or SalesOut data
- Experience with retailer platforms: Asda Retail Link, Tescolink, Sainsburys Horizon
- Knowledge of FMCG markets
In return for meeting the above criteria the successful candidate will be rewarded with a package that includes a basic salary of between £35,000 and £40,000 per annum (dependent on experience) plus bonus. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing, ambitious company with iconic brands, where the possibilities for personal progression are broad and exciting.