I am working with an international spirits company that are a very fast-growing team. They are currently looking for a Deputy Editor to work closely with the Editor to help continue the online magazines rapid growth by crafting a dynamic and engaging schedule of content, for both the website and its social media channels. The successful candidate will be based at their head office based in North West London. The company pride themselves on their imagination, creativity and ability to source and sell fantastic spirits from across the globe.
- Overseeing the daily publishing of magazine content, including news, features, interviews and tastings.
- Working with the editorial team to generate feature ideas.
- Commissioning features.
- Acting as the main sub-editor and picture researcher for all features, with assistance from the editorial team where required.
- Regularly writing features and interviews.
- Overseeing social media communications for the magazine.
- Assisting the Editor in the general day-to-day operation of the site.
- Attending and reporting on events, including product launches, festivals and press trips where necessary.
- Sourcing and reporting news from around the industry.
- Conducting interviews with personalities from the industry and popular culture.
- Assisting in compiling and sending email newsletters.
- Journalism qualification, at least NCTJ or degree level.
- Has been a deputy, features or section editor on a print or digital title for at least 2 years.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An eye for detail and strong subbing skills.
- Strong news writing ability.
- Experience of digital publishing and CMS platforms a distinct advantage.
- Familiarity with Photoshop preferred.
- Knowledge of best SEO practices.
- Strong social media skills.
- Ability to lead, organise and effectively manage a team of contributors.
- Creative and brimming with content generation ideas.
- An entertaining and engaging writing style.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Demonstrate a pro-active, can-do attitude.
- A good knowledge of and the drinks/spirits industry is a distinct advantage.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you've not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk