Regional Account Executive
Overall direct responsibility for the management & development of branded business through professional trading relationships, ensuring delivery of all agreed targets.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Develop sales opportunities through new business accounts and developing incremental business. This should be achieved through range selling across the product portfolio. Targets will be set on a quarterly and/or annual basis in line with Freetrade sector overall budgets.
2. Demonstrate and explain a product in a structured approach, to ensure new and existing business is enhanced. Utilise your product and culinary knowledge to provide appropriate solutions to the caterer.
3. Manage local distributors and national depots in your region to assist in demonstrating New Product Development, training the distributor sales team on the branded proposition and involvement in specific sales development
4. Regular business reviews meetings with the distributor & wholesalers to measure budget/volume performance and gain joint agreement for action plans. Ensure focus on how we may improve and develop our partnership with the distributor whilst ensuring the pull through of sales. Ensure measurement via 4/8 wk reviews and forward action plans as well as participating in sales training, Ra Ra days and tele-selling.
5. Develop and grow relevant sectors measured by ex factory sales by wholesaler and depot.
6. Logging customer calls in SAP as per targets agreed (current minimum 4 times per working week).
7. Full implementation of all/any price changes in line with company directive to both wholesalers and end users in agreed time frames.
8. General administration to be fully complete on time demonstrating attention to detail.
- Strong communication, influencing and networking skills - Essential
- Strong literacy and financial skills including numerical analysis and the ability to access a wide range of data - Essential
- Well developed negotiation, presentation and persuasive selling skills - Essential
- Strong time management including planning & organising – Essential
- Self motivation and personal ownership for business Development - Essential
- Knowledge of FMCG/Foodservice – Desirable
Internal: Foodservice support, Brand Marketing, Customer Marketing, Order
Office/Logistics, Accounts and all other sales functions/sectors as required.
External: Foodservice Wholesalers, Distributors and End Users (Examples include pubs,
restaurants, hotels, healthcare, education) and all other outlets with catering facilities plus
any ad-hoc other establishments deemed to be a brand growth opportunity for the
Ensures Accountability – Holding self and other accountable to meet commitments.
Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared
Courage – Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what need to be said.
Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric
Being Resilient – Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Company car included on patch
- Company phone + Laptop
- £10,000 annual bonus paid quarterly
- Monthly bonus on new lines sold
- 25 days holiday including bank holidays
Please note this is a home based role working a Yorkshire patch, Candidates living in Sheffield, York, Leeds, Hull will be considered. You must be living on patch to be considered for this role !