Senior National Account Manager
Are you looking for a step up in career? For a role which offers real autonomy?
Are you excited by the prospect of independently managing and growing sales across new and existing accounts?
Would you like to work for an employer who invests heavily in training to further your personal growth and career development?
This is an opportunity for a bright and driven individual to join an award-winning, independently owned food business of ambient products. With an international supply base in over 20 countries, this fantastic business is growing exponentially year on year, increasing their presence in the UK Food Industry.
The Senior National Account Manager will report directly into the Managing Director, taking sole responsibility for managing and growing the sales across new and existing Retail and Food Service accounts. You will be responsible for building and maintaining fundamental customer relationships. This role would be ideal for an established Grocery Account Manager who is looking to step up into a senior position.
This is the perfect opportunity to build a credible, long-term career within the business; plenty of progression opportunities are there for ambitious and tenacious individuals who possess a desire to succeed. My client will invest heavily in your personal development and growth through both internal and external training.
Responsibilities to include:
- Employing innovative sales solutions to deliver value and exceed targets
- Building and managing strong relationships
- Working closely with the Supply Chain team through forecasting and delivery
- Working with the Category Insight Manager reporting on the latest developments and trends within the category
- Compiling commercial presentations to present to individual customers
- 5+ years sales experience within the commercial retail sector
- Strong preference for a food industry background although other FMCG products will be
- Previous exposure of working with/managing UK retailers
- Hands on account management
- Ability to manage other team members
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to influence and negotiate in a confident manner, always maintaining a clear commitment to delivering business results
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- Collaborative approach
- Confident "Can do" attitude
- Dynamic and driven
- Positive attitude
- 2.1 or above in a relevant business degree
If this role is of interest to you, please don't hesitate to get in touch with a copy of your CV at