Global Brand Manager - Handmade Cocktail
Global Brand Manager - Handmade Cocktail Company
Department/Section: Atom Brands
Salary range: Highly competitive
Place of work: Tonbridge
Reporting to: Global Head of Brands
Responsible for: No direct reports. But would need to work cross-functionally.
Atom Brands is the product development and manufacturing business unit within Atom Group which also includes Maverick Drinks (UK distribution) and Master of Malt (global online retail). Our brands include Ableforth’s (Bathtub Gin), That Boutique-y Whisky Co, That Boutique-y Gin Co, The Blended Whisky Co, Origin Single Botanical Gin, The Handmade Cocktail Co, 1897 Quinine Gin and Darkness!
In the last 5 years, our brands have won dozens of global awards (World’s Best - Blended Whisky, Blended Malt, Grain Whisky, Liqueur, Gin, Spiced Rum & Pre-mixed Cocktail - many on multiple occasions) regularly triumphing in blind tastings against some of the world’s largest and longest-established products from businesses three orders of magnitude larger than ours. This speaks to our no-compromise approach to creation and crafting. We make the best - we don’t work backwards from price-points or seek to ‘fill gaps’.
To take our awesome brands global; building brand equity and adoration for them through simply smart strategy, world-class execution and data-driven analysis
Essentials of the job
- Working with our brand and marketing family, own the development of a 3-year global brand plan; taking the business with you
- Translation of the global brand plan into an actionable global brand toolkit built on market insight and learnings from previous activity. This toolkit will need to cover all facets of the marketing-mix - both consumer and trade
- Working with in-market teams, measure and evaluate all global brand activity to ensure a positive ROI; making recommendations for improvement as you go
- Be the champion for the brand, live and breath the brand and infectiously take all stakeholder with you
- Responsibility for A&P spend and tracking, ensuring full visibility for the Global Head of Brands, Global Head of Marketing and ultimately the board.
- Working with Global Content Manager, Global Digital Manager, Global PR Manager and potentially external agencies on the development of global brand campaigns capable of working across the mix - both consumer and trade
- Working with the Global Content Manager, ensure that all communication is true to the brand
- Ensure range and product/market launches remain fully tracked and communicated to stakeholders, delivering the desired result seamlessly and on-budget
- Relentlessly track the brand’s competitors and ensure we are always one step-ahead, working with the group data team to ensure you know everything regarding industry, consumer and market trends
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Proven track record as a brand manager/marketing manager, having spent at least two years driving growth within one or more craft spirit/alcohol/discerning brands
- Proven ownership of brand and/or marketing strategy development and the demonstrable difference it made to the brand/business
- Experience of using data to make decisions on the brands you have marshalled
- Evidence of campaign development; your creativity should blow us away
- Great IT competency, including Google Suite of apps along with ability to produce engaging presentations
- An uncompromising fascination of the importance of brand architecture; ideally being able to demonstrate how you have crafted it to improve the performance/growth of a brand/business
- A passion/desire to learn/obsession with craft spirits, particularly gin and/or whisky
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- Appreciation of data-driven marketing, without being fooled into all things new within this discipline
- Marketing degree or CiM qualification
- This is a global role, so a second language would be helpful
- NPD Manager
- Head of Whisky
- Head of Distillation
- Global Content Manager, Global PR Manager, Global Digital Marketing Manager.
- Global Head of Sales
- Passionate about craft spirits/discerning brands
- Creative and data-driven in equal measure
- Faultless communicator able to tailor the tone and context of any message for maximum impact and understanding
- Visionary, able to take a brand to the next level
- Tired of driving good-to-excellent growth and keen to board a rocket ship
- Highly intelligent, personable, eloquent and understands the need to inspire others to achieve your aims and objectives with enviable ease
Why work for us?
Other than the standard benefits you expect to see from a business (think pension, cycle-2-work scheme, free eye care vouchers, childcare vouchers) we also offer…
- Flexible working We’re focused on productivity and will work with you to make sure you’re happy with how you work.
- Free food A hungry worker is not a happy worker. We stock our kitchens with what you need to get you through the day.
- Free fancy coffee George Clooney endorsed, no less...
- A relaxed working environment There are no suits and ties here (unless you insist).
- A challenge The opportunity to make a difference to the future of the business. It is our people who put us in the 2017 Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
- Personal Days Seven completely flexible personal days on top of your annual leave, because we all need a duvet day from time to time.
- A healthy staff discount on our world-class range. Just in case that makes a difference.
- (Un)healthy irreverence National pizza/doughnut/pie/lemonade/etc day? We got it covered.