Quinola Senior National Account Manager
Who are we ?
We are a specialist quinoa company. All of our products are Vegan and Gluten Free. Our Organic range is made with Peru's finest Fairtrade quinoa. Our Whole Grain range is made with sustainably farmed whole grain quinoa grown in France. All our products are organic, gluten free and vegan. We sell our ranges across more than 25 different countries.
In Inca legend, Pachamama, the earth goddess presented man with the life-sustaining grain of quinoa known as the Mothergrain.
Quinola Mothergrain now brings you her legendary gift for you to enjoy in all its form.
Tasty- Our recipes taste as good as homemade food. They have won several blind taste awards,, including 12 Great Taste awards and 7 Free From awards.
Healthy-Our recipes are all centred on quinoa, the rock star of the protein world, being a unique complete protein identical to that found in milk. They are also a source of fibre, for digestive wellbeing. The carbohydrates are complex and slow releasing, keeping you fuller for longer.
Ethical -Our organic quinoa is sourced under Fairtrade terms from a Peruvian cooperative we have been working with since 2012. They have received over $250,000 "in premiums to date, whichhas been used to buy two tractors, reducing the time taken to plough their fields from days to hours. It has also been voted Peru’s best quinoa. The wholegrain quinoa is sourced from a French cooperative, in the Loire valley, and is sustainably farmed with only a single application of pesticide., with quinoa being the farmers’most profitable crop.
Ecological- These recipes have a balanced nutritional profile and a massively reduced carbon footprint, as the protein is vegetable based.
« No single food stuff can supply all the essential nutriments necessary for life, but quinoa is the closest to any food in the vegetable or animal kingdom” Nasa, 1993
Quinola Senior National Account Manager
We are looking for an ambitious business minded individual to help us grow our healthy and ethical business. We are an organisation that makes a positive difference to people’s lives. From our Fair-Trade growers in Peru to our consumers around the world.
The business is doing an amazing job of bringing naturally healthy and delicious products to our customers. We are now looking to expand our team further with a dynamic Senior National Account Manager who can help us further grow our business in the UK grocery market and in select markets in The United States
We have already secured listings in the leading grocers across the globe and the journey has begun in the UK with the likes of Morrisons and Ocado. We now want to accelerate our offering to the entire UK grocery market.
In the US, we have secured two initial listings.
The successful Senior National Account Manager will be joining our vibrant team in our amazing offices in Central London. We are offering a very competitive basic salary and benefits.
Reporting directly to our Managing Director this SNAM role is a fantastic opportunity for the successful
candidate to be part of the ongoing growth story at Quinola Mothergrain.
Contributing in a real sense to the future of our brand in the UK and the US.
You will also provide support within the business unit, inputting into trading strategy, gathering market
intelligence and liaising internally with administrative and planning functions.
The SNAM will be joining a small but rapidly growing team based in London.
- Day to day management and growth of UK Grocery business.
- Management of US Distributors and partners.
- Development and opening of new accounts.
- Contract exposure, cost control, budgeting and forecasting of volume and value sales
- Develop strong customer relationships and strategically aligned Joint Business Plans for growth
- Build and develop internal working relationships with key departments such as Supply Chain, Sales Administration & Marketing
- Presentation and negotiation including new listings, pricing and promotions
- Input into market and customer analysis, helping to drive our NPD agenda and overall trading strategies
- Grocery administration; promotional invoices, monthly sales preparation.
- Maximising category data to gain tangible results
- Manage US Distributors- Including visiting the US for face to face meetings with retailers and distributors.
- Store visits for compliance & market intelligence purposes
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Aptitude and enjoyment for developing new business
- A sincere interest in being part of a rapidly developing team and an appreciation for regular change
- An open and friendly personality
- Well organized and structured
- Strong and clear communication skills in written and spoken English
- Attention to detail
- Solutions oriented, and ability to go the extra mile to find a solution that works for all stakeholders
- Appreciating change and development as the Company will go through a rapid growth phase
- Understands and wants to be part of the opportunity to build a personal and team legacy
- Good level of commercial skills, including levels of negotiation & customer management exposure
- Analytical and numerate, with a desire to turn this into action
- Excellent communication skills coupled with the drive, and passion to add value at any level of brand interaction (internal, customer and consumer)
- Detail orientated and familiar with Excel. The ability to manipulate, analyse and report data effectively
- Can effectively work under own initiative and possesses the resourcefulness to highlight and follow through with challenges & opportunities alike
- The ability to be hands on and shows potential for future strategic thinking
- Proven strong commercial skills
- Exposure to UK sales channels
- Experience in working in a high paced environment
- FMCG experience ideal, particularly drinks and food
- International experience ideally working with distributors
- University degree or equivalent qualification
Please also ask Charlie at Otter for our company summary