Commodity Buyer - Oils
Senior Commodity Buyer - Oils
The Senior Category Manager has the key responsibility to develop the supplier base and the relevant categories. Additionally, this role is the front line in contentious supplier negotiations. The Senior Category Manager is responsible for incident alerts at the local and group levels.
Indispensible to this function is the implementation of coherent company policy, both internally and externally, to satisfy the long-term goals of Intersnack Procurement. The Senior Category Manager assists the Procurement Head of Category in forming and augmenting company policy. These policies must be feasible for implementation at the local OpCo level.
The Senior Category Manager reports to the Procurement Head of Category and acts as a link between the Category Manager, buyers, key stakeholders and the Intersnack Group in terms of strategic buying. Other duties and assignments may be added as required.
The category manager will be based in either Doetinchem, Cologne or Slough and reports to the Head of Category who’s located in France.
1. Follow up and full understanding of all oils (and commodity) markets ; reporting internally the trends and movements (via regular reports) , and anticipating/identifying the best timing for the buying activity in agreement with management.
2. Price negotiation with the supplier base for the relevant materials, services, parts, machines or finished goods according to assigned categories with subsequent budgeting functions.
3. Create and achieve an agreed pipeline of initiatives, projects and activities with focus on sustainable cost base reduction, in conjunction with key stakeholders.
4. Identify and correct risks from the supplier base that affect the Intersnack Group objectives.
5. Establish long term agreement with strategical and key suppliers in order to secure volume and prices for the Opco’s.
- Liaise with suppliers and Intersnack internal stakeholders (i.e. R&D and Operations) on new product development initiatives. Work in full collaboration with our logistics provider to optimize transport cost and reduce environmental impact. Dedicate part of his time to help solving delivery issues (delay, quality, rejection) when needed. Support in the coherent development of company policy, with ensuing implementation at the group and local levels. Establish monthly KPI and financial reporting regimen, in conjunction with the Procurement Finance Manager and Procurement Head of Category.
Qualifications & experience:
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Management or related field
· Direct and indirect procurement experience 7+ years
· Commodity buying experience is essential - services buying experience only is insufficient
· Commodity based buying experience is essential
· Capable team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
· Assertive, convincing and pro-active
· Strategic and conceptual skills
· Solid intercultural orientation
· Commercial and competitive mind set
· Result-oriented, firm business acumen
A challenging position with international exposure and top-level attention in a very strategic area of the organization and a place “at the core” at Europe’s biggest and best producer of savoury snacks.