National Account Manager
To manage and strategically develop our clients UK's business within Tesco, its a home based with extensive travel across the UK required as part of role.
Our client is one of the UK's market leaders in premium drink sales.
- FMCG sales background.
- Experience of developing premium brands outside of standard promotional norms.
- Experience of managing and developing at least one major national multiple account: (Asda, Tesco, Morrison's, Sainsbury's, Co-op, Waitrose).
- Proven P&L management skills.
- Demonstrable negotiation skills and track record of building and implementing joint business plans.
- Ability to deliver stock forecasting in line with customer expectations.
- Ability to work with multi-contact points in each account i.e. buyer, stock control, marketing (in store activation), range planning
- Hungry for success and a 'can-do' attitude, you will thrive on selling and closing profitable sales.
- Professional process driven approach to sales and account management.
- Honesty and integrity are key to everything you do.
- Must be a self-starter / motivator.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Understanding of the principles of category management.
- A good understanding of the major multiple grocers.
- Management of the Tesco account through direct contact with the buyers, supply chain, admin and category marketing.
- P+L management, working closely with the Off Trade NAC and Off Trade Sales Director.
- Promotional planning and category management of the account.
- Analysis and reporting of account performance.
- Stock forecasting: ensuring that retailer demands are met and timely forecasts are maintained to the brewery.
Key account tasks:
- You are expected to develop rolling business plans with the Off Trade NAC
- To help develop and implement in-store promotional plans to support brand within each account.
- To measure, monitor and report on the effectiveness of each in-store activity and make recommendations for future activity.
- To build strong positive working relationships with the retail buying teams and other key personnel.
- To feedback trade comments and requests to the business for NPD and existing product development.
- To work in conjunction with the Off-trade, Marketing teams and Customer Insight to plan and develop trade marketing initiatives.
- To analyse brand performance vs. category and make recommendations to the business and the trade.
A competitive remuneration package commensurate to the role is on offer for this role.