Grocery Sales Controller - Tesco/Booker
Job Type: Grocery Sales Controller – Tesco / Booker
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
Location: South West London
Job Reference: VAC-24437
Are you interested in being part of a fantastic FMCG organisation who sit within the drinks category?
Fast growing and at the forefront of its category, my client has built an innovative product range since being founded in 2011.
Over the last seven years their ambition has been to become the UK number 1 in their category. Currently at number 7, they have re-branded, performed NPD and to date they have launched 16 products into over 23,000 UK distribution points.
If you have at least 5 years’ experience as an Account Manager on the Tesco account and you have an appetite for more responsibility within a truly incredible, rapidly expanding business, please read on!
The business is a well-known FMCG player who have ambitious growth plans. Operating across branded products, the business have a production facility just outside London. They ensure they have full control over the product quality, design and sourcing.
This business operates at pace, to extremely high standards and offer a significant amount of personal development opportunities. The offering they present is truly fantastic and in conjunction with the business culture, makes for a superb opportunity!
They are currently at a pivotal moment in the company, with a hugely exciting future ahead. Back in June this year, they embarked on even more ambitious plans to truly shake up the whole category with a full re-launch and a new consumer campaign. Internally, there is full recognition of the team and they understand that to create a truly world class brand, they need a team that matches that ambition. For the right people, this opportunity could be a career defining effort, helping shape the brand, company & long term success of the business and revolutionize a category. The UK is only the 1st phase within their wider brand ambitions.
They have a great informal working environment but a real desire to deliver. The business is Founder led and team members are given wide autonomy to do what they do best. Cultural fit and mind set are of huge importance and they are very specific about the values, traits & actions they look for in their team members.
- Solely focus on delivering explosive sales growth within Tesco Booker
- Own all aspects of the Tesco Booker business
- Full P&L responsibility
- Don’t be a cog in the machine, be the machine
The candidate will have:
- At least 10 years of FMCG sales experience
- Tesco Booker account management responsibility(ies) with the results to demonstrate you are capable of driving business change and selling more
- An expert on this retailer and clearly understand how to navigate your way through it
- A solid platform of training from a Blue-chip organisation
- You will understand what great account management looks like and pride yourself to working at the highest level possible at all times
- You will be very analytical when it comes to analysis reports and insight
- You will be as comfortable negotiating, challenging and persuading senior stakeholders Tesco/Booker
- You do what needs to be done.
Key Competencies you will have:
- Priority Setting
- Strategic Agility
- Drive For Results
- Functional / Technical Skills
- Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 7 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.