Category Controller, Perfect Store
PepsiCo are on the look-out for a Category Controller to join our new and exciting DX function.
At PepsiCo, we already have a world class commercial team, and we're hugely excited about the growth potential that our DX function will bring to our business - a new, agile way of working that will create world class shopper and category solutions. At the heart of DX is the desire to transform PepsiCo's commercial model, in order to accelerate growth and develop plans which are shaped by integrated insights and delivered with executional excellence by our fantastic Sales teams.
As a Category Controller at PepsiCo, you'll shape the Customer Strategy and Execution to consistently deliver the Right In-Store Solutions based on the Principles of Perfect Store to position PepsiCo UK as the number one indispensable partner for our customers.
In more detail you will:
- Lead the development and delivery of an annual category insights plan for our Key Customers; aligning stakeholders to key insights needs / priorities both externally & internally which supports delivery
- Strengthen indispensable partnership with senior customer contacts by identifying key store, category & shopper risks & opportunities and then leading mutually beneficial strategic projects as a result of insights analysis and key findings
- Lead and support team to become integral category partners to both customer and PepsiCo commercial teams by providing relevant, timely and integrated solutions that shape and impact category & PUK growth, with specific focus on category planning and range and space effectiveness
- Work with DX Shopper Insights to leverage, tailor and deliver outputs from Shopper Team research to Key Customers
- Ensure critical systems, reports and meeting cadences are documented, automated and imbedded within cat man working practices to ensure efficiency of work, clear and timely communication to internal and external stakeholders and centralised storage of key data and insights
- Required skills and experience
- Significant category management experience, broad commercial experience and knowledge of the UK FMCG market (Grocery experience preferable but not essential)
- Strong analytical skills - ability to synthesise and integrate learning from multiple sources and see the connections in data, trends and events to generate insights
- Strategic mindset - thoroughly understands the competitor strategies / investment and their future development and builds plans to ensure PepsiCo competitive advantage
- Excellent stakeholder skills - actively seeks and understands the input of others to gain broad alignment to ideas, influencing and shaping where appropriate
- Line management - ability to manage, coach and develop people; giving actionable and clear direction to grow talent