FMCG Business Improvement Category Manager
Join a top FMCG business in an influential, high visibility commercial role with the potential to have huge impact. Business Improvement is a business wide programme focused on removing unnecessary costs and improving the profitability of the business, providing the fuel (cash) to enable the brands and business to grow.
Reporting into the Business Improvement Lead you'll be part of a small but very effective close knit Business Improvement team that sits under marketing, but works very cross functionally at all levels across the business covering manufacturing/logistics/procurement, sales and marketing. You'll be parachuted into projects to collaborate closely with teams to remove unnecessary costs, improve profitability, and identify opportunities as well as working on bigger picture strategy.
To work with the key internal and external stake holders to deliver the grocery BIP programme for defined sites.
- To identify, develop and implement agreed BIP projects and Grocery Holistic Margin Management programme opportunities.
- To work with Procurement, Strategic Business Units , Sites and Customers to help initiate and deliver grocery projects as agreed with the BIP Category Lead.
- To input into the delivery of the Grocery BIP 3 year strategy and in year programme delivery , working closely with all stake holders to manage and implement changes effectively and within company requirements
- To identify project risks to the programme plan and adapt plans accordingly.
Key Knowledge and Skills:
- Understands category and brand dynamics
- Ideally experience in an FMCG food environment
- Evidence of P&L understanding
- Evidence of pulling & understanding levers in order to control the cost base with some operational understanding
- Delivered & led key cross functional projects with sales & marketing / category / finance / technical / procurement & operations
- Demonstrates ability to think broadly across trade and consumer issues
- Strong personal organisation skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders and drive a technical agenda with sound and competent foundations
- Ability to develop and maintain good, collaborative relationships between stakeholders and operational colleagues through project delivery
- Effective and adaptable communicator with good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Tenacity, can-do attitude, self-motivated, a strong team player
- Ability to generate/deliver valued added solutions that positively affect the performance of the business
Please note due to the high volume of applications we receive we're sometimes unable to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. Successful applicants should hear back within 2-5 days.