Area Sales Manager - Industrial Sector
Job Type: Area Sales Manager – Industrial Sector
Salary: Highly Competitive
Location: North West England
Sector/Industry: FMCG (Consumer Goods)
Job Reference: NP34264
Do you want to work for a market leader within the consumer goods market?
My client supply mechanical cleaning products into the likes of hospitals, care home groups and contract cleaners. Since being established around 70 years ago, they have gone from strength to strength and are now present in more than 50 countries around the world.
If you have experience selling products into an industrial sector then I wish to hear from you…
About the opportunities:
My client is seeking an experienced Area Sales Managers who will hit the ground running.
Area will cover; North West England and North Wales.
Manchester, Preston, Warrington, Lancashire, Liverpool and more across the region.
I deal location for desired candidate would be middle of patch, Fleetwod, Lytham.
You will be responsible for achieving the monthly and annual sales targets for target customers and buying distributors within an allocated geographical area of the UK.
You will be an incredibly strong and experienced sales individual in the industrial market as well as highly motivated to plan your own week and ensure you successfully hit/over-achieve on KPI’s.
- Achieving the quarterly and annual personal invoiced sales targets
- Achieving the quarterly and annual personal new business targets
- A minimum average of two appointmented sales calls per working day in target customers (key hospitals, carehome groups and contract cleaners)
- Daily updating of activity records, key contacts and other key data in the CRM system
- Creating and implementing a rolling plan of activity based on a clear map of target customers, journey plan and opportunity management within the CRM system – with itinerary for at least the next week in both CRM and Outlook calendars
- Developing additional sales with independent distributors using product promotions/ new product introductions.
- Prospecting/ lead generation and appointment making as required
- Telephone and email contact with all customer groups – updating information, key contacts and other key information in the CRM system
- Writing clear, accurate and persuasive final sales proposals to major target customers
- Leading/ supporting NAM’s at occasional external trade events
- Follow up on-site customer product training as required
- Attending quarterly UK Professional sales meetings
My client are seeking a strong sales performer who will fit in with their lively culture.
Full driving license is essential
Experience of working within an FMCG Industrial market company
- Confident, persuasive & engaging manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Team attitude with a strong ability to identify needs
- Creative and hands-on
- B2B Industrial Sales experience
- Sales-driven and motivated by results (bonus plan) - Large project selling approach
- External Sales Role (experience in end user industrial sales role preferred)
- Competence in/with Microsoft Office applications – previous CRM experience preferred
- Practical skills to work in a “shop-floor” environment and physically demonstrate products
- Good standard of education (excellent standard of numeracy & literacy)
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to Nikita.firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business.